Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Does Daphile able to play FIR correction files ?

Has it upsample capabilities ?

Able to output on a different plug than USB ? (e.g. RasberryPi I2S connectors instead USB if such stuff is choosed as a local player or multiroom second system ?

Sorry for the basics questions, I try to do my markett as well....

but I still have a beef about the daphile home page saying installation was "easy" and no special skills required.

Supra,

Yes, I guess "easy" is a relative term.
But you have setup a R-Pi system, so you have some experience.
You will also get help on this forum.
When installing on your Windows systems, are you trying to setup a dual-boot system or overwrite the Windows partition?

Ian

Supra,

Yes, I guess "easy" is a relative term.
But you have setup a R-Pi system, so you have some experience.
You will also get help on this forum.
When installing on your Windows systems, are you trying to setup a dual-boot system or overwrite the Windows partition?

Ian

Dual boot, live linux off a usb flash. But it seems I still have to partition the Windows drive. I'm using a 32gB drive, that can be a problem?

Running linux from a flash stick is not dual booting. All you have to do is tell your PC to boot from the USB drive, instead of booting windows right away. Unfortunately even that can be pretty complicated recently, thanks to the various "security" settings in the UEFI bios. Thank your trusted mainstream OS manufacturer for the artiticial complications and do not blame Daphile/linux developers. They have no way to help you with that programmatically if you cannot make your PC boot their software. Or use an older PC with legacy BIOS where booting from USB was never a problem.

I think I can find my way in linux/PC/bios and last time I tried to boot android x86 USB stick on an Asus win10 touch-screen laptop it took me half an hour to figure it out. I had to set master pasword (something like that) for the machine to offer the different booting devices options. Horrible experience.

Last edited:
Yeah your right, I need to get off my fat **** and do it, but I still have a beef about the daphile home page saying installation was "easy" and no special skills required.
Anyway the loyalty displayed to Daphile indicates its worthwhile, no more whineing.

Hey Mick,

I'm coming down to stay at Jon's in a few days.

If you haven't worked it out I can give you a hand. It should be straightforward and compared to setting up VB it's a walk in the park.

Cheers

Andrew

Is anybody else having a problem with CD ripping, specifically with tagging? Just spent more time than I wanted to spend trying to rip some CDs, and out of 6 discs, I had success with only one. Among the others, one (disc 1 of a 2-disc set, of which the other was successful) returned the wrong title and song list, and the other four just returned "Unknown artist, unknown album" after listing the correct number of tracks. I tried two different Daphile computers, with two different firmware versions, and tried ripping each disc multiple times.

Any ideas, or any way to rip and then tag as separate operations?

Just tried, and still not working for me. More troubling, perhaps, is that the discs that I tried to rip the other day are now quickly recognized as "Unknown album, unknown artist" in such a rapid fashion (compared to different discs that I didn't try to rip before) that I fear that Daphile (or Gracenote) has them more or less permanently cataloged on my system, and they'll forever be recognized as unknowns.

I'd go back to Moode, but that system doesn't have a ripper. I'd do a stand-alone rip on a Windows machine, but I've vowed never to connect one of those to the internet again.