Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Unexpected benefit from Daphile:
My wife showed no interest in playing music using FooBar on a laptop.

However she loves going through my music using her iPad. She can sit wherever she wants and flick through the albums and tap to play. She's much more impressed with Daphile than my custom SET EL34 tube amp.

Thanks, Mack

Judging by my experience (custom SET EL34 too), I think it's a universal trait in women, might be directly linked to estrogen levels :D

I don't get it but my wife laughed out loud(?!)

Anyway, are there guide lines about what USB DACs will and won't work with Daphile?

A list of DACs not to use would be nice.

Thanks, Mack
Any DACs that does not need special drivers for Linux (or Mac) will work.
Daphile has the m2tech usb (m2tech has non standard USB 2 audio drivers) based dac driver installed by default.

So if the specs of the DAC mention that you don;t need special drivers for Mac or Linux you are one the safe side.

Hi!
I tried the Daphile and have some problems:
- Volume control is not working. I've tried selecting "Control On-Keep Previous Volume" and "Reset to Fixed" and restarting but the Volume slider did nothing except, that only the fixed volume worked.
- On my ACER ASPIRE ONE netbook in the booting I get "undefined video mode:317" message and the window crashes, but the Daphile is working behind it.
- With my Weilang 24Bit/96Khz USB to SPDIF converter I can get only 48Khz setting.
- Is it not playing APE files?
- The program (WEB interface) many times slowing down, or disobeys my commands, (for example: pause, stop etc.) or even crashes the window, but the music is still playing.
Otherwise it has very nice sound!

Hi kipeta a little help please...
I configured smb-cifs server, but cause my stupidity I can't configure the same server in different way with Nfs.
To configure my smb-cifs I write:
192.168.0.8:/Public/musica.
Whath I have to write to use the nfs option?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi!
- Volume control is not working. I've tried selecting "Control On-Keep Previous Volume" and "Reset to Fixed" and restarting .....

I ran a network cable from Daphile to my router and wallah, the vol slider worked and suddenly appeared on the Orange Squeez player on my Galaxy Tab. You can remove the cable until the next Daphile restart.

I haven't heard if anyone has tried.

It could work on Intel based Mac Minis but it would definitely require expertise to get the boot configuration right. You would have to manually install rEFIt (rEFIt - An EFI Boot Menu and Toolkit), create DaphileBoot & DaphileData partitions, etc...

I don't have Mac Mini anymore and the above was just based on what I remembered it would require to get Linux running on it.

Let me know the result if you dare to try.
Hi Kipeta ,

I have been able to boot from a CD on Mac book pro i7 but unable to succeed from USB ….is there anyway to do that . I am no expert on linux .
Thank's

Hi!
I tried the Daphile and have some problems:
- Volume control is not working. I've tried selecting "Control On-Keep Previous Volume" and "Reset to Fixed" and restarting but the Volume slider did nothing except, that only the fixed volume worked.
If you are using Daphile without the network connection i.e. Daphile works as an Wifi basestation or you have only ethernet cable between Daphile PC and the other PC then this is a known issue that I haven't managed to fix. Is this th case?
- On my ACER ASPIRE ONE netbook in the booting I get "undefined video mode:317" message and the window crashes, but the Daphile is working behind it.
Daphile tries use 1024x768x16bit graphics mode (vesa mode 317). I'll try to think some kind of fix for this in the future.
- With my Weilang 24Bit/96Khz USB to SPDIF converter I can get only 48Khz setting.
Could you send me the output from http://daphile/cgi-bin/audioinfo.cgi of your Daphile PC. Please send it through the contact form on www.daphile.com
- Is it not playing APE files?
APE files aren't currently supported because the conversion application license terms are a little bit unclear to me (I wasn't sure if the redistribution is allowed). I have asked clearance for this today and if the conversion application may be redistributed I'll fix in some future release.
- The program (WEB interface) many times slowing down, or disobeys my commands, (for example: pause, stop etc.) or even crashes the window, but the music is still playing.
Could this be some kind of networking problem? Is Daphile having some high load activity (library scanning, ripping encoding, file conversion/resampling) that make your single core processor overloaded? I didn't quite understand what did you mean with "crashes the window" (if the web browser crashes the reason must be somewhere else than in Daphile).
Otherwise it has very nice sound!
That's the most important ;-).

Hi Kipeta!
Thanks for your help!

- I use the Daphile on my netbook with WiFi connected to my HP620 Notebook. Without ethernetcable, and without any router and any other network. Just the two PC.

Could you send me the output from http://daphile/cgi-bin/audioinfo.cgi of your Daphile PC. Please send it through the contact form on Daphile ? Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles
O.K. I will send.

I didn't quite understand what did you mean with "crashes the window"
e.g.:The control buttons doing nothing.

Greets:
Tyimo

Hi,

As far as I have understood Macs don't support the USB flash boot (correct me if I'm wrong).
Hi Kipeta ,

I have been able to boot from USB my USB is called EFI boot by the system
when i boot i got the info GNU GRUB Version 1.99rc1 and i got a prompt to enter a command but i don't know what to do next ?
I have been using Mac Linux USB loader using your iso image (64 bits ) to create my usb bootable key .
Thank if you can help

Hi Kipeta ,

I have been able to boot from USB my USB is called EFI boot by the system
when i boot i got the info GNU GRUB Version 1.99rc1 and i got a prompt to enter a command but i don't know what to do next ?
I have been using Mac Linux USB loader using your iso image (64 bits ) to create my usb bootable key .
Thank if you can help

Mac Linux USB loader seems interesting. I haven't ever used it. I'll come back to after I have tested it by myself (if it works with MacBook Air).

Hi Kipeta!
Here is my settings. I hope it helps.
Greets:
Tyimo

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 527