DAD Prime - My big loudspeaker toy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dears,

Testing with wonderful Audiopax (AudioPax)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tks,

Renato

I wasn't directly thinking about the size of the room, more about how reflective it appears to be.
A larger room does help by itself within reason but it will also give you more options to add methods absorption, diffusion and bass-trapping without it becoming too obtrusive.
Large, thick rugs on that tiled floor would be a good start and cloth-covered sofas usually make excellent bass traps. Quite a lot can be achieved if you keep acoustics in mind when decorating but I appreciate that being in Brazil has got to be another major consideration. (I just assume that it tends to be hot and humid which would make wall-to-wall carpeting for example a possibly bad idea.)

I'm not trying to be a d••k, I just think you take your system seriously enough to start thinking about room acoustics so you can release its maximum potential.

Last edited:
Charles

Thank you for your considerations

I have another room and that I'm doing a very special acoustic treatment. As this other room is relatively narrow and these very heavy boxes, I chose not to test the boxes that other room.

See:

Just as soon, I will be starting an acoustic treatment in the current room I showed the pictures,

Forte abraço,

Renato

Dears,

I'm not fluent in English, although to read without any problem.

I'll try to post everything about this lovely little toy, one 3-way speaker and high sensibility.

First, picture on my modest system.

IMG_3878.JPG

Hope you enjoy!

Tks,

Renato

Renato,

What's the sensitivity of these beautiful speakers? Do you think a 40W/ch, SET amp would have sufficient power to drive these beauties loudly enough in a 15.5 ft. W x 12.5 ft. D x 8 ft. to 10 ft. H sloped ceiling room?

TIA

I'm listening to: Afterdark by Halie Loren

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Renato,

What's the sensitivity of these beautiful speakers? Do you think a 40W/ch, SET amp would have sufficient power to drive these beauties loudly enough in a 15.5 ft. W x 12.5 ft. D x 8 ft. to 10 ft. H sloped ceiling room?

TIA

I'm listening to: Afterdark by Halie Loren

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Hi,

Has approximately 97dBs sensitivity

With 30W was very good in a greater than your space ... so I believe that should be enough ...

In his place I would consider a two-way with woofer and driver due to the simplicity and power loss due to the large inductors in a 3-way .

Also the proper impedance curve that can be important for a good reproduction with valve .

Tks,

Renato

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.