DAC ouput using Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yep, its from the oversampling filter in the ADC combined with the one in the dac and will be more or less severe depending on the recording and the dac. using the sabre in sync mode with a master clock in your transport, or by using something like Ian's i2s fifo you will remove one of those OSF, which is all you need to do, its the combination that causes the ringing. If you still desire OSF (As I do) preferably try doing the oversampling in something like puremusic using an apodising filter.

thats if it concerns you, as mentioned its really not that bad, the recording process does not contain perfect squarewaves as the ADCs are going to be creating some ringing.

Is there any other SW using apodising filters? I'm using Windoze, so puremusic is not for me.

Or even try a WM8741 DAC ...

zwischenablage01bfi94.jpg

any of you guys try out jung's mixed feedback output circuit with a transformer in the feedback loop?

http://waltjung.org/PDFs/ADI_2002_Seminar_Ch6_Audio_Drivers_I.pdf

from figure 6-61 onwards, but there are some great circuits as usual through tyhe whole article. of particular interest to me is 6-64, but I would like to somehow incorporate a discrete buffer to up the current; allowing me to drive low impedance headphones directly if I choose.

havent seen any circuits around here using a transformer in the feedback loop for dac I/V. I think it could be quite interesting indeed.

got some O-Netics made by BudP from a member on the forum; interested in trying this circuit on the output of the ackodac using OPA1632, a pair of discrete buffers and a transformer per channel

I know this was 4 years ago... but I'd like to bump this question.

I've seen interest around ES9018 and using transformer as I/V (or V/I) stage.

But ES9018 is not really usable in current mode with transformer use, and output impedance will be high if not used in a mixed feedback transformer topology.

I thought of something like Joe Rassmussen "D" topology ( http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/164294-buffalo-ii-transformers-21.html#post2754399 )

then I thought that a mixed feedback design could retain part of the "transformer sound" (without the increasing THD in bass region that worries me), reducing cost dramatically (avoiding the tube stage for additional gain), and willl make the es9018 really working in current mode.

What kind of current & impedance outpout rating could be achieved with this design ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.