• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys

Hi GH,
I'm interesting your DAC. I would like to install it in my CAR but don't quite sure if I will modify it to use 12VDC from car battery. Not required the controller and display, option 1 . Please advise if possible.
Does second buying group still open ?

Thank you
BK

Looks good! Waiting for my order.

Oh, thank

Thorough, Andrea, Morten Audio have successfully conquered the potential of the ES9038PRO. Hq-audiodesign has succeeded in creating a full-featured ES9038-TUBE DAC with a DAC player. This is a premium and luxurious gift for your home audio system. We would like to send you this design with the energetic and sweet sound of the Tube!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Oh, thank

Thorough, Andrea, Morten Audio have successfully conquered the potential of the ES9038PRO. Hq-audiodesign has succeeded in creating a full-featured ES9038-TUBE DAC with a DAC player. This is a premium and luxurious gift for your home audio system. We would like to send you this design with the energetic and sweet sound of the Tube!

I guess that's through the RPI3 we can see in your pictures of the inside of the dac...
What software will be used?
Is it connected via I2S to the dac in parallel with Amanero board?

I guess that's through the RPI3 we can see in your pictures of the inside of the dac...
What software will be used?
Is it connected via I2S to the dac in parallel with Amanero board?

Hi! thank you ask me!

DAC input by USB: Amanero

Pi 3 output by USB to Amanero - to DAC ( i not use i2S)

**Because, this is the DAC is separate and Music server is separate. Need to connect via USB. They're just the same box!**

The software you can use:
1. Moodeaudio: http: //moodeaudio.org/
2.Runeaudio: http: //www.rpimusicplayer.com/

Thank again
quanghao

Hi! thank you ask me!

DAC input by USB: Amanero

Pi 3 output by USB to Amanero - to DAC ( i not use i2S)

**Because, this is the DAC is separate and Music server is separate. Need to connect via USB. They're just the same box!**

The software you can use:
1. Moodeaudio: http: //moodeaudio.org/
2.Runeaudio: http: //www.rpimusicplayer.com/

Thank again
quanghao

Oh, i understand...
But PIs have an I2S output and your dac has an I2S input, so why not to use a simpler I2S connection?
That would avoid an useless transit via Amanero board, thus letting higher quality signal get into the dac (USB transports can't add quality to the signal, only subtract, even if minimal)...
I implemented this type of connection in my Buffalo III dac and the results are very good, better than USB connection IMHO!

I would like to know how many people of the group buy finish this DAC?

I finished one , but since i cannot get decent coordinates to make my own chassis , i messed up the chassis , however after realising the output transformer is imho totally wrongfull connected , i rearranged the outputstage , plays in another dimension now :) very happy

so i need from Quanghao the dxf , dwg files so i can mùake a chassis to my taste

Me too, for output boards and parts list.

Yes best sound with tube iv. i have all pcb now, thanks

OUTPUT STAGE

For this new DAC has been develop a new pure vacuum tube output stage, this is a very simple differential stage but optimized to obtain the lowest distortion and better sound.

On this folllowing schematic many values has been changed in the final release.

Attachments

• ES9038PRO_TubeOut1_THD.jpg
    ES9038PRO_TubeOut1_THD.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 519
  • ES9038PRO_TubeOut1_FREQ.jpg
    ES9038PRO_TubeOut1_FREQ.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 520
  • Pure Tube IV shema.PNG
    Pure Tube IV shema.PNG
    82.8 KB · Views: 531
Hi. I bought the DAC with IV Tube output, and there are still some values that I don't know for the HV supply pcb from posted schematics. Check my schematic, can some one tell me what are the value for R8, Q4, C1 on the +B side and R17, C9, Q6, Q7 & Q9 on the B- side?

I assumed that the others missing part values on the B- side were the same as the B+ side.

It seems I can't get these values from Quanghao at the moment.

Also can you confirmed my findings, parts values in Green on the schematic

Any help appreciated. Thanks
SB

Attachments

• SupplyHV for Pure tube IV wt notes.jpg
    SupplyHV for Pure tube IV wt notes.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 393