• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here the new firmware, final test still to complete

1) ok, solved
2) ok
3) ok, solved, now the volume range is 0Db to -127Db
4) ????
5) ok
6) ok
7) no, depend by remote when it repeat command
8) ok, solved
9) I am thinking about
10) ok, if you press the mute button durinfg the startup phase
11) no, No enought buttons to use in setting menu
12) no, It need an HW change
13) I can create a firmware with standby function but in this case is necessary a separated transf. for the controller, I can develop a different version if necessary
14) no, It is very complex
15) no, Not possible with ES9018 DAC remap
16) ok
17) ok, for DSD tracks display DSD32 at 2.8MHz and DSD64 at 5.6MHz
(probably Linux can support other types, 256 and 512, not tested)

-------------------------------------

1) Cannot save the volume level at 100%
2) Feature proposal : Save the input selection (other than USB).
3) Bug : Do not mute on high efficiency loudspeakers system when level at 1% (for example, remains very loud on VOTT).
4) Feature proposal : Insert a white-on-blue bargraph on the display for the level (while inverting the displayed characters on the same line to blue-on-white), very usefull with the remote.
5) Hide the blinking cursor
6) Display "192kHz" (now "191kHz")
7) Bug: Under certain circumstances pressing a button does not get handled. When pressing another button the last one gets executed (like pressing Vol- and then pressing Vol+, Vol- is actually performed)
8) Bug: While in settings mode if the input sample rate changes the display gets overridden with the changed sample rate (which shouldn't show in settings mode) while still being in settings mode
9) Personal feature proposal: Something I would like to have but nothing to complain about: auto dim/turn off the display after a timeout - reactivate it when the remote control is operated (and ignoring the first button that was pushed to turn it back on)
10) Feature: A way to display the installed firmware version
11) Personal feature proposal: The mute button should always be mute. No reuse of this button in any other display mode. It is kind of an emergency button and it should not matter what display mode you are currently in.
12) Feature proposal : Add a led on the front panel which blink when pressing on a button on the remote. Maybe that pins are already available for this on the controller pcb.
13) Feature proposal: standby and trigger out options (Quanghao is working on this)
14) Feature proposal: allow microprocessor to accept commands via amanero i2c interface - this should allow control of the DAC via a PC source and through this, android app.
15) Make Phase +/- work when playing via the USB input.
16) Save the Soft/fast roll off and Cut off frequencies the same way at the input save(preset) and Volume preset.
Hi Andrea,

About the new firmware, I wish that LCD display should be compatible with VFD.
I've already changed from LCD to VFD(Samsung 16T202DA1E) via pin to pin connection
But It is not working properly, I'm expecting a supporting feature from you
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here the new firmware, final test still to complete

1) ok, solved
2) ok
3) ok, solved, now the volume range is 0Db to -127Db
4) ????
5) ok
6) ok
7) no, depend by remote when it repeat command
8) ok, solved
9) I am thinking about
10) ok, if you press the mute button durinfg the startup phase
11) no, No enought buttons to use in setting menu
12) no, It need an HW change
13) I can create a firmware with standby function but in this case is necessary a separated transf. for the controller, I can develop a different version if necessary
14) no, It is very complex
15) no, Not possible with ES9018 DAC remap
16) ok
17) ok, for DSD tracks display DSD32 at 2.8MHz and DSD64 at 5.6MHz
(probably Linux can support other types, 256 and 512, not tested)

-------------------------------------

1) Cannot save the volume level at 100%
2) Feature proposal : Save the input selection (other than USB).
3) Bug : Do not mute on high efficiency loudspeakers system when level at 1% (for example, remains very loud on VOTT).
4) Feature proposal : Insert a white-on-blue bargraph on the display for the level (while inverting the displayed characters on the same line to blue-on-white), very usefull with the remote.
5) Hide the blinking cursor
6) Display "192kHz" (now "191kHz")
7) Bug: Under certain circumstances pressing a button does not get handled. When pressing another button the last one gets executed (like pressing Vol- and then pressing Vol+, Vol- is actually performed)
8) Bug: While in settings mode if the input sample rate changes the display gets overridden with the changed sample rate (which shouldn't show in settings mode) while still being in settings mode
9) Personal feature proposal: Something I would like to have but nothing to complain about: auto dim/turn off the display after a timeout - reactivate it when the remote control is operated (and ignoring the first button that was pushed to turn it back on)
10) Feature: A way to display the installed firmware version
11) Personal feature proposal: The mute button should always be mute. No reuse of this button in any other display mode. It is kind of an emergency button and it should not matter what display mode you are currently in.
12) Feature proposal : Add a led on the front panel which blink when pressing on a button on the remote. Maybe that pins are already available for this on the controller pcb.
13) Feature proposal: standby and trigger out options (Quanghao is working on this)
14) Feature proposal: allow microprocessor to accept commands via amanero i2c interface - this should allow control of the DAC via a PC source and through this, android app.
15) Make Phase +/- work when playing via the USB input.
16) Save the Soft/fast roll off and Cut off frequencies the same way at the input save(preset) and Volume preset.

Comments to Firmware Ver51a

Bugs 1) to 17) seams to work OK:
I have added a few bugs more.

18) Display text: "Db" should be "dB"
19) Display board: Switch S- switches: USB link-->Optical-->AES/EBU, Switch S+ switches: AES/EBU-->Optical-->USB link (coax is missing)
20) Correct Display text "HQ-DAC Reference" to same Text on front plate shows "HQ-Reference DAC"
21) If playing USB then the format eg shows "DSD64". This text is not cleared when switching to SPDIF inputs(optical, Coax or AES/EBU) when SPDIF has "NO input".

Best Regards
CAAD

Last edited:
Comments to Firmware Ver51a

Bugs 1) to 17) seams to work OK:
I have added a few bugs more.

18) Display text: "Db" should be "dB"
19) Display board: Switch S- switches: USB link-->Optical-->AES/EBU, Switch S+ switches: AES/EBU-->Optical-->USB link (coax is missing)
20) Correct Display text "HQ-DAC Reference" to same Text on front plate shows "HQ-Reference DAC"
21) If playing USB then the format eg shows "DSD64". This text is not cleared when switching to SPDIF inputs(optical, Coax or AES/EBU) when SPDIF has "NO input".
22) When playing DXD PCM352, Displays shows 384KHz and not the correct 352KHz. (Tested with Jriver on Win7 and MAC)
Best Regards
CAAD

Hi Andrea,

About the new firmware, I wish that LCD display should be compatible with VFD.
I've already changed from LCD to VFD(Samsung 16T202DA1E) via pin to pin connection
But It is not working properly, I'm expecting a supporting feature from you
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I hope to test soon the firmware with VFD

Firmware ver. 52a

Bugs 1) to 17) [SOLVED]

18) Display text: "Db" should be "dB" [SOLVED]

19) Display board: Switch S- switches: USB link-->Optical-->AES/EBU, Switch S+ switches: AES/EBU-->Optical-->USB link (coax is missing) [SOLVED]

20) Correct Display text "HQ-DAC Reference" to same Text on front plate shows "HQ-Reference DAC" [SOLVED]

21) If playing USB then the format eg shows "DSD64". This text is not cleared when switching to SPDIF inputs(optical, Coax or AES/EBU) when SPDIF has "NO input". [SOLVED]

22) DXD 24BIT/352.8kHz ==> PCM382KHz

Attachments

• ES9018_52a_remap_reset_10MHz.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 58
Bugs 1) to 17) [SOLVED]

18) Display text: "Db" should be "dB" [SOLVED]

19) Display board: Switch S- switches: USB link-->Optical-->AES/EBU, Switch S+ switches: AES/EBU-->Optical-->USB link (coax is missing) [SOLVED]

20) Correct Display text "HQ-DAC Reference" to same Text on front plate shows "HQ-Reference DAC" [SOLVED]

21) If playing USB then the format eg shows "DSD64". This text is not cleared when switching to SPDIF inputs(optical, Coax or AES/EBU) when SPDIF has "NO input". [SOLVED]

22) DXD 24BIT/352.8kHz ==> PCM382KHz
--> PCM382KHz corrected to PCM352KHz

Hi Andrea..

I Have checked 18) to 22) .. Looking good!! :) All sample rates exept DSD256 and DSD512 has been checked and Display shows correct sample rates..

Best Regards
Caad

Last edited:
--> PCM382KHz corrected to PCM352KHz

Hi Andrea..

I Have checked 18) to 22) .. Looking good!! :) All sample rates exept DSD256 and DSD512 has been checked and Display shows correct sample rates..

Best Regards
Caad

UPS..

One more bug just showed up..
23) When selecting input eg --> to USB. Then try to press one more time on either remote or S+ and suddenly the sample rate disapears.

Br
Caad

Good findings, caad.

I have ordered this cheap USB PIC programmer, $12.67+free shipping.

Picpro Mini USB Pic Programmer for Microchip Pics K150 | eBay

Just received my last piece of LME op amp and after rolling in the soundstage becomes much wider, with great transparency, details and tonal balance.

I have covered the USB connector's pin 1 (Vcc pin) with a tape and powered the Amanero with DAC power, it works, no removal of LDO is needed.

Attachments

• Amanero Ext Power - Covering USB Pin 1 (Vcc).jpg
    Amanero Ext Power - Covering USB Pin 1 (Vcc).jpg
    405 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.