• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Same problem like last time.... The optical inpuit doesnt lock... When I started it first time after comin home, the signal for 47kHz and lock were blinking, after 1 minute did non lock anymore...
Two months ago, it worked flawlessly... Did not change anyxthing, the dac was just switched off for the time I was in saudi arabia...

Had problem with my optical, sent my DAC to Guanghao to be fixed, now I just got it back and boy, this DAC never stop to amaze me. I have the discrete I/V output stage, driving an all tube preamp and a pair of 300B monoblock. I am not sure what makes this unit sounds the way it is. I have another DAC based on es9018 also but with opamps I/V, but its not as pleasant to listen to as Guanhao's DAC. I also have the OPPO cd player/DAC. This player sounds good as it is already, but I still prefer listening to guanhao's DAC. This DAC, I think is a real winner. Thanks guanhao

So now DAC running... BUT :
I got one question regarding the legato...
Iḿ using an quanghau design DAC together with the legato I/V stage....
After startup the USB is active, and when I switch to optical input I can see that signal is locked, but there is no sound coming from the legato.
After switching off and on the legato stage, there is sound. Do u have an idea why this is ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.