• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today I received the DAC (LL1684 outpiut stage). Nice work indeed! Much kudos to Andrea and Quanghao.
A first listening session was very promising. After a burn in period I'll perform a comparative listening session.

1) Where can I find the manual for the remote?
2) What do all those jumpers stand for?

the jum for se and blace out.
and in jum of dac main not use for ll1684' becase the LL1684 need dac work at V out.
thank

Today I received the DAC (LL1684 outpiut stage). Nice work indeed! Much kudos to Andrea and Quanghao.
A first listening session was very promising. After a burn in period I'll perform a comparative listening session.

1) Where can I find the manual for the remote?
2) What do all those jumpers stand for?

Many jump are present to separate the power supply section to DAC section so these must not be touched.

There are others 4 jump near to the DAC module output to add the I/V resistors, these must be open with LL1684 output stage and discrete solid state.

The solid state output stage have some jump to change the voltage gain.

I will create a guide soon.

About the remote there is a guide with the first remote version on:
ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System*

I will update soon with new remote but the fuctions are the same.

Hi Quanghao and all,

yesterday i broke my mains switch, the plastic where the alu button is on. It is hard until to impossible to glue it. In the moment i make a try with epoxy. But the material is one of these which are like Lotus effect to the glue.

I think this will not last long.

Can anybody tell me which type of switch is soldered here. Then i could look for one in ebay or something else.

The type on the metal jacket is "TCL SP3" TV8...

When i google to that i get the switch, but its all chinese and i can't read anything. I think a similar part must be to buy here in germany.

Thank's

Juergen

It may sound stupid but does a combination of both transformer and discrete output stage would work ?

DAC => current amplification throught DCD V/I => using Transformer I/V instead of single passive resistor i/v => Mofset Buffer for balanced headphones drive.

The whole (stupid?) idea is to keep the dac in current ouput while retaining the transformer sound as i/v. I guess getting more current before going through transformer shouldn't hurt.

What's the current/voltage we're getting after DCD V/I stage ?

Best regards

I installed a headphone output on the DAC, solid-state I/V type. The DAC drive my AKG without problem.

Attachments

• Img_7336.jpg
    Img_7336.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 389
  • Img_7334.jpg
    Img_7334.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 371
  • Img_7335.jpg
    Img_7335.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Img_7337.jpg
    Img_7337.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 366
Hi Quanghao.
After discovering this thread thanks to Andrea, my only regret is that I came late and I've mised the first buy group.
Anyway, thanks for your great task and here comes the number 24 of your wish list. :)

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
8. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
10. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
11. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
15.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 6) full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer (240VAC) + remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
22. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle
24. Artur5 -DAC module + Amanero.

Many jump are present to separate the power supply section to DAC section so these must not be touched.

There are others 4 jump near to the DAC module output to add the I/V resistors, these must be open with LL1684 output stage and discrete solid state.

The solid state output stage have some jump to change the voltage gain.

I will create a guide soon.

About the remote there is a guide with the first remote version on:
ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System*

I will update soon with new remote but the fuctions are the same.

Hi DAC end r
Can update with famto clock ? .037 fs
Thanks

Hi Quanghao.
After discovering this thread thanks to Andrea, my only regret is that I came late and I've mised the first buy group.
Anyway, thanks for your great task and here comes the number 24 of your wish list.

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle

17. Changed to option 9 from 6. Regards Losflacos.

Hi Quanghao.
Hi hao ,
here comes the number 25 of your wish list.
Thanks
Myint67

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
17. Losflacos (Option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage, (240VAC) + aluminium remote control
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control

17. Changed to option 9 from 6. Regards Losflacos.

Last edited:
Hi Quanghao.

I'm number 26 on the wish list.
cheers
marcus1

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
25. Myint67- option 9 complete &assembled dad with ll 1684 -230v aluminium remote control
26. marcus1 (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.