• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post 34, 43 show one orientation.
Pots 88, 111, 127 show the opposite orientation.

Which is correct?

It was the introduction of the DAC that you have done, as you use their ingredients!
Orientation is what you see on the diagram, circuit.

1. DAC-END with a loss of money invested in the variable Output, (I still owe you this PCB)
2. DAC-end2 may have some stability in the TL431 shunt,
3. DAC-ASH give you a complete set of high-grade parts and separate sources - Salas shunt,

Therefore, investment in quality components, resistor capacitor as possible! And I'm sure you will not waste money and effort for this! Simply enjoy the music!

Sorry I'm bad with the orientation symbol of the trim/variable resistor. Is the arrow on the symbol point toward where the adjuster goes? Or away from where the adjuster goes?

I've put these in backwards in other projects before and had to unsolder them which as you know is a pain.

Last edited:
I am totally confused by your answer. I know what a trimmer does. Some boards have outline for where the screw should be oriented. Yours just has the schematic symbol. If I look under the board and see the voltage coming in I guess that is where the screw should be? Towards the front of the Salas shunt? Like 34/43 post?

One DAC-AH completed by my friend!
Preferred Sound!

Attachments

• DAc-ASH my frien.jpg
    DAc-ASH my frien.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 367
Well compared to my old cd player the sound of the Dac-end 2 is a vast improvement. Way smoother, very natural, and there is a tremendous amount more detail with the Dac-end 2. It did take a little while for the sound to open up, but that is to be expected. (the tera-link x2 was new as well.)
Building the Dac-end 2 was a tough and challenging build for me, and I learned a lot doing it. Now that I am listening to it though, it was absolutely worth the effort. I am happy and satisfied with the project.

Ben

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.