DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

@ggetzoff, where did you see 1k value?

About the resistors, I only changed anode and cathode resistors. 150R cathode for the Broskie and 150R cathode again for the anode follower. B+ is 220V, anode resistor 11k.

The Unbalancer

Here's Broskie's schematic for VOUT usage and the link. Great article BTW.

Attachments

• Unbalancer%20DAC%20V-out%20Schematic.png
    Unbalancer%20DAC%20V-out%20Schematic.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:
Hi all,
here is my version. Modified with the BOM, and transfos output. I use Jensen JT11-P1.
4X 470r carbon resistor, 2200pf mica in // (filter 70khz), and 13k série with 620pf between hot and cold on rca (anti-ringing, Jensen data sheet).
Sound is fine..
Before, i use caps output, but sound was no as good. No good bass.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi there all

Ive been skim reading through this great thread over the past couple of days, theres so much information to take in though.

I have purchased a pre-built DAC of fleabay in the black and silver aluminium casing, it took just short of 4 weeks to arrive and is a great bit of kit.

I have changed the op amp to a 46xx version and it sounds really good through my Sony APM 22ES speakers and home built power amp, unfortunately it seems to be lackin a bit of bass as said previously in the thread.

As the case is a bit short of space and i can only add components to the top side of the board due to the space constraints, can i ask what would be the best (and simplest) as im a bit of a newbie mods to get a bit more oomph out of the dac.

Im comparing it to my previous digital to analogue converter built into my Sony 2400ES home cinema amp and my source is a squeezebox playin flac files.

best regards and many thanks in advance.

James H

Run in Time

Hi there all

Ive been skim reading through this great thread over the past couple of days, theres so much information to take in though.

I have purchased a pre-built DAC of fleabay in the black and silver aluminium casing, it took just short of 4 weeks to arrive and is a great bit of kit.

I have changed the op amp to a 46xx version and it sounds really good through my Sony APM 22ES speakers and home built power amp, unfortunately it seems to be lackin a bit of bass as said previously in the thread.

As the case is a bit short of space and i can only add components to the top side of the board due to the space constraints, can i ask what would be the best (and simplest) as im a bit of a newbie mods to get a bit more oomph out of the dac.

Im comparing it to my previous digital to analogue converter built into my Sony 2400ES home cinema amp and my source is a squeezebox playin flac files.

best regards and many thanks in advance.

James H

Hi James

These dac chips seem to take quite a while to settle down.
I would not look to change anything untill you have between 100-300hrs on the unit (I always wait for 300hrs)
Then if you still have an issue, follow ClaveFreman's BOm staring with power supply

Hi there

Many thanks for the replies, i have had the DAC soak testing for about 30 hours so far, i will let it loosen up a little before i do any mods.

If i'm still craving for a little more bottom end after 2-300hours i am going to change out all the capacitors as in Claves BOM for the power supply as a start, Nichicons and elnas on ebay are very cheap :)

For the time been i will read the full thread page by page.

Many thanks again for all the help

James

Hallo everyone
I am new here, i have asembled the dac kit but i swapped the 7809 with the 7912 in a accident. Now i am not sure that the dac i working. i will not connect i to my system before iam sure it work. My concern is that my friend tells me that the error, 96k and the power led diode will light when no input is connected, but in my case the only led diode is lighting is the power. Iam not sure i have burned some component off.
Another question is, i got a r-core trafo 2*9v and 2*15v, i got 4 set of wires, blue, white is 9v and yellow and brown is 15v but how do i connect it to the dac, i will put the two white in the 2 slot terminal, and one of the yellow and brown in the middle of the 3 slot terminsl, and a yellow and a brown in eatch side of the 3 slot terminal.

Mads