Custom Vibrolux Reverb noise issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Craig, you are correct I forgot I had reverb in both channels with this amp (which I don't really like) my 65' deluxe does not do that.
I mainly use my deluxe, and with an A/B box to utalize both channels. I will have the reverb on along with other effects like a delay or phaser in channel two and just use the A/B box to get back to channel one. It's like turning off all the effects going with one foot click, then back to all out. I have an holland made amperex in V1 and a raytheon with big black plates I pulled from an old baldwin organ in V2.

Last edited:
Ok, all the plate load resistors have been replaced and it didn't change the problem. It seem like the noise isn't there when the amp is on low volume, once you turn her up it sounds like sh@# (it's like the output stage isn't clipping correctly maybe?). Going to poke around with my meter again today, and if nothing I will try and borrow a scope from a friend.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.