Custom Headphone OPT ordered for the TubelabSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Resistors are different depending by the Ohms attenutation (in this case 24 ), and by the Watt: in this case I must use a lower Watt as possible? A 24 Ohms-1 W, for example, used in a 2,5 watt RMS output amplifier, attenuates the amplifier power to 1,5 Watt RMS?
Rob

...I reply to myself: I have read that the Watt measure on the resistors means what power that resistor can "dissipate" depending by the charge. It means, if i correctly uderstand, that the resistor value in watt depends by the maximum power that my headphon can absorbe.
But how can I know what is the max power that my can absorbe?

Roberto,

I think you are confusing a few things...

You have to put the 24ohm resistor between + and - on the transformer secondary ... it is then parallel to your headphones which equals a load of 15ohm (40 and 24 //) for the transformer secondary. This resistor can be 1W and doesn't attenuate the power of the amplifier in any way, it just changes the load of the secondary that is reflected to the tube's anode.

I recommend a fair bit of reading before you attempt to build a 45 amplifier... not exactly the cheapest tube to do experiments... ;)

Roberto,

I think you are confusing a few things...

You have to put the 24ohm resistor between + and - on the transformer secondary ... it is then parallel to your headphones which equals a load of 15ohm (40 and 24 //) for the transformer secondary. This resistor can be 1W and doesn't attenuate the power of the amplifier in any way, it just changes the load of the secondary that is reflected to the tube's anode.

I recommend a fair bit of reading before you attempt to build a 45 amplifier... not exactly the cheapest tube to do experiments... ;)
:) thankyou very much!
...yes, I have to study before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.