Current-mirrored Folded-cascode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Michel,
What to one man are 'thought-provoking clues' may seem to others to be shameless self-promotion...
If you have nothing useful to say (and, yes, I do understand about publishing schedules, I've been an author for about fifteen years now), please desist. It's the polite thing to do, lest someone get the idea that you're chest-thumping. If your ideas are truly all that revolutionary, I'm certain someone will figure it out for themselves when the article hits the stands. You don't need to beat them over the head with it in the meantime.

Grey

Grey, you've beaten me to it though you have been a little more polite than I would have been.

I would add that most people join this forum to either learn, exchange ideas with other like-minded people, or to help newcomers to this hobby by passing on their knowledge and experience. From the tone of Michel's posts to date and his admitted intention when starting this thread, it would appear that he has his own agenda, part of which is self-publicity.

There is no place for this on the forum, anymore than we want manufacturers and suppliers (anonymous or not) pushing their own products for gain. The help given by NP and other designers is, of course, much appreciated.

Geoff

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Current mirrored folded cascode, huh?

Does it look anything like this?

Attachments

• fldcas.png
    fldcas.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 437
Joined 2001
Paid Member
fldcas.bmp

This is an interesting circuit -- I think I saw a bipolar version of it in a schematic by Stocchino (sp?) in Electronics World a few years ago. When I modeled it in Workbench using MOSFETs, the distortion was extremely low, as you might expect. However, it had a rather nasty turn-off glitch at clipping, which I tried to get rid of using a HF bypass cap without success.

Does anyone know if this glitch is present in the actual circuit, and if so, is it curable?

Michel,

I suspect that your scheme might be similar to the input stage used in the ETI-477 amp designed by Dave Tillbrook. He used BC550C and BF469/470 transistors.

Electronics World is a great publication and it would be an honour to read your forthcoming article; but this forum has some stalwarts in the field, starting with none other than Nelson Pass and there are others like Grey and Geoff (to mention a few) whose experience and knowledge is to be respected. So why don't you tone down a bit as everyone seems to be suggesting to you? You will be doing a favour to everyone by upholding the spirit of this forum. I don't mean to be rude but let each one express his idea in the most acceptable manner - this is DIY. Thanks.:)

Michel,
What you choose to call 'enthusiasm' is indeed rudeness. Calling it by another name does not mitigate the bad odor it leaves behind.
You claim to respect Nelson's behavior. Kindly emulate him by either giving the details that people request, or not saying anything at all.
You speak of 'TRANSPARENT' evidence. Where's yours?

Grey

I have for the most part enjoyed this thread

I have for the most part enjoyed this thread.

What makes me cringe, however are the posts that are not only negative (which by itself is fine), but impolite as well. We would all be better off if we succed in not debasing this forum to usenet level.

I hope Michel will still be willing to post when the time comes.

Petter

Guys,

This thread seems to have polarized the community into two groups.

Perhaps in the best solution, since Michel started this thread, is members who are intrested, keep following and others that are opposed don't.

Freedom of choice and speech?

I could be wrong, but I believe that Michel has something to offer. Now getting it out of him might be another matter, but in another thread he backed up what he had to say with examples.

Can't we respect each others opinions without haveing to agree with them. I hope this thread does not degenerate into a mud slinging match, which brings to mind a memorable thread from last year........but that is a different story.

Jam ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.