Current Limiter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok thanks :)

Is there a softstartmodul/current limiter for sale, that uses NTCs properly (in series)?

E: And I believe you, when you say that they shouldn't be wired in parallel, but after reading all your links I still don't see why. If the designer, who wired them in parallel, considered the high tolerance then in my opinon it should be fine.

Because when wired in parallel if one thermistor has a lower resistance (due to the tolerance) the current going through that thermistor gets higher and the total current increases, but that also happens when wired in series. And the parallel wired thermistor shouldn't be affected at all by that. It will let through as much current as if the other thermistor had 0 tolerance.

E2: Does this look good to you: DIY KITS High-Power 40A 4000W Soft Start Power Supply Board for Class A Amp | eBay ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.