Current feedback - not suitable for audio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pinkmouse said:
Mikeks, if you are going to post purely negatively, with absolutely no contribution to a debate, then please don't bother posting at all.

PM...there is nothing to recommend so-called 'current feedback' in audio applications, unless such a topology is used as part of a compound output stage with gain in excess of unity.

:smash:

Hi PMA

---I would respectfully disagree.---
The thread I mentionned pointed the fact that "current feedback" is a very confusing terminology. I do not say technically it was any bad nor any good. For me, the "current feedback" scheme is as old as feedback returned to the cathode of the input device in valve amplifiers.

---Don't look at DIY discussions---
What's the forum for, then ?
To me it was a very enlightning discussion because there were so many conflicting points of view and because I saw Baxandall's name quoted.

Some schematic class a/ab CFB

I learning about CFB for 5-6 months, plz suggest me for this sch.

Thx
analog guy

Attachments

• 60w class a ab.jpg
    60w class a ab.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 827
my "small" perspective on CFB opamps -- but this thread is tending toward higher current stuff -- you can do applications with CFB opamps that are unapproachable with VFB opamps -- but you have to be very careful in layout and resistor selection. as a matter of fact, everything seems to revolve around Rf and Rg. CFB opamps don't run out of gain.

Christer said:
As far as I remember you don't even accept there are such things as CFB amps...

Actually, this also is incorrect.....current feedback amps DO exist, as a matter of fact.

These, by definition, possess series (current) derived-shunt (current) applied negative feedback.

The so-called 'current-feedback' topology is, in fact, merely shunt (voltage) derived-series (voltage) applied negative feedback implemented with an unusually low-impedance feedback voltage divider.

mikeks said:

Actually, this also is incorrect.....current feedback amps DO exist, as a matter of fact.

These, by definition, possess series (current) derived-shunt (current) applied negative feedback.

The so-called 'current-feedback' topology is, in fact, merely shunt (voltage) derived-series (voltage) applied negative feedback implemented with an unusually low-impedance feedback voltage divider.

OK, but that is the usual confusion with conflicting terminologies, and I assume your previous comment was referring to what others call CFB in this thread and which you do not acknowledge as different from VFB, or have I entirely misunderstood our previous lengthy discussions on this topic? Oh well, I don't want to start those discussion over again. :)

mikeks said:

This is also the definition I was tought.....

\Jens

Attachments

• feedbacksystemer_small.jpg
    feedbacksystemer_small.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 622
Status
Not open for further replies.