Cubie2

Yassou, my Greek friend!.
is this what you are looking for?

regards
Prasi

here is eliminating 3rd jumper and possibility to couple T 1/ T2.
Also gnd lift res, if required can be put.

reg
Prasi

Attachments

• cubie-2 bjtin-r1.png
    cubie-2 bjtin-r1.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 579
Prasi!
Yassou Prasi!Really fast!!!!:)
Thanks my friend:cool:
Just an option....moving the +/- power terminals close together with the GND terminal if possible.

I can do it, but would you mind it if the o/p devices are some what submerged under the pcb? like the 'quasi complementary amp by AKSA/Ranchu32?
that would call for separate ground connection for i/p section like the Cubie-3? would you be comfortable with that?
reg
Prasi

Last edited:
Looks all right - watch the details: R16 in layout (R20 in sch., post #145) goes to signal GND not to power GND...

Thank you Juma, corrected in attached layout:).

To thimios,
are you suggesting something like the attached?:D

reg
Prasi

Attachments

• cubie-2 bjtin-r3.png
    cubie-2 bjtin-r3.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
post168.
You now have the V+, V- and PG all grouped together to minimise EMI from the power lines. This is much better for reducing interference effects.
Add in HF supply rail decoupling where the PG is next to V+ and V-.

What are C2 and C3 doing? They appear to be connected to the Signal Return.

The unlabelled resistor between PG and Signal Return (-IN) allows a reference voltage between zero volts and input.
This resistor may have to pass Fault Current if the Source equipment becomes faulty and has no route (classII) to blow the mains fuse.
This resistor needs to be protected from failing until that remotely located mains fuse blows. Add in a pair of inverse parallel diodes across the resistor.

Last edited:
post168.
You now have the V+, V- and PG all grouped together to minimise EMI from the power lines. This is much better for reducing interference effects.
Add in HF supply rail decoupling where the PG is next to V+ and V-.

What are C2 and C3 doing? They appear to be connected to the Signal Return.

The unlabelled resistor between PG and Signal Return (-IN) allows a reference voltage between zero volts and input.
This resistor may have to pass Fault Current if the Source equipment becomes faulty and has no route (classII) to blow the mains fuse.
This resistor needs to be protected from failing until that remotely located mains fuse blows. Add in a pair of inverse parallel diodes across the resistor.

C2 C3 part of feedback network?