CSS SDX7 still viable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant by offset. I took that to mean some issue that became apparent in the Klippel tests that showed the suspension performed quite differently on the out stroke, compared to the in stroke.

For sure though, if the driver was off centre then that would easily cause higher 2nd harmonic then should really be there and significantly reduce the spec on any measured Xmax.

I wasn't clear :)

You're saying the offset apparent from the varied in/out in the Klippel would not likely vary between samples? Hmm. I suppose then it wouldn't matter.

Well it depends why or what was causing the offset. If it was caused simply by the cone being pushed in for a long period, so that the cone sat off centre, then yes, getting a new, non defective driver should solve the problem. If the offset is being caused by an inherent flaw or issue with the spider/surround, then changing to another sample wont affect much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.