cs3318 and arduino

you don't need optos. it was just one way to do a level conversion, with the bonus that it also isolates.

I don't remember which lines I used pullups for and which had pulldowns. its been a long time since I last did anything with this chip.

the important thing is to remember to include the 'errata' series of bytes at startup. its listed in the spec sheet for the chip and I think also on diyaudio on one of the 3318 threads.

Hi Guys,

Just finished testing my CS3318 board. All I can say is Wow, very nice sounding. Clean and precise. Thanks for the inspiration jan and linuxworks. Now back to my next project.

Best Regards,

Al

Hi i am working on a project with cs3318 and arduino and i wanted to ask you something as i see that you have already done a board with that.
Do you know which limitations the input voltage in cs3318 has? At first page of manual i read that the device has input/output voltage range of +-6.65V to +-7.65V and at the 8th page i read that Input/Output voltage range is min=(Va-)+1.35=-9+1.35=-7.65 , max=(Va+)-1.35=9-1.35=7.65 . From that i dont know which is the range. For example if i put a input at 1V the device will work or not?
Thanks a lot,

Mike