Crossover? Building - Scanspeak 9700 and 8545

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,
I'm looking to do a new design I've been working on for a Scanspeak 9700 and Scanspeak 8545.

I'm trying to get help designing a crossover but right now have been looking at the Madisound Solist as a possibility. I would like to customize my own crossover with my local tech (but must get a basic idea of what I wanna work off of)
any suggestions would be appreciated!

I am looking to make my monitor based off the dimensions of the Pro Ac Studio 100.
These components are essentially an upgrade on that model's.

(8543 and Scanspeak 9500 modified by ProAc)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A good crossover is developed for a chosen set of drivers AND a chosen enclosure. For the enclosure the baffle width and the placement of the drivers are important, so I think that if you use the amish (8545+9700) crossover, and you retain the baffle width, and the placement of the drivers (from the top of the baffle), you are (more or less) safe. With a smaller enclosure you will have to change the bass tuning.
Ralf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.