Critical Tapped Horn Parameters Collaborative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder if someone could shed some light on the electrical impedance in a tapped horn.
I'm not going to make copies of Danleys designs, but just for fun i'm trying to reverse-engineer some of his designs.
I have great respect for Danley and his contribution to the DIY-network, so i'm not trying to rip off his design, just trying to coprehend whats going on inside his designs.
We know some details of some of his designs, as an example TH115 that use of the shelf 15TBX100.
Just by looking at the design we know that S3 toS4 is aproximatly 25cm.
When i try to simulate that design i manage to hit the second and third impedance-peaks spot on, but the first peak is way of.
I have tried changing all of the parameters of the design, inclusive Atc and Vtc but still cant manage to get the first peak down in frequency.

And speaking of impedance plots, take a look at CS30, only one peak, just like a closed box.:confused:

Dag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.