• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

Is it possible to use a center tapped transformer to power this? I have two old Stancors and hope to use one for each channel, but there are not two separate windings. The transformers are very large and would provide far more current than necessary.

Hello Mark,
yes it is possible to use but with modifications.
Project16 had shared an image some where in this thread , I will try to find out.

regards
Prasi

ok. you have 2 CT transformers and would like to use 2 psu pcbs. let me make a schema.

Last edited:
Thank you Prasi,
Is it possible to connect the upper leg of AC1 and the upper leg of AC2 to one tap,
and the lower leg of AC1 and the lower leg of AC2 to a second tap? This old Stancor has the same winding configuration as a Thordarson 23V434 https://4donline.ihs.com/images/Vip...-17.pdf?hkey=EF798316E3902B6ED9A73243A3159BB0
if I bridge taps 9 & 10, 8 and 11 give me 19 volts, which is what I want.
This is my first attempt at a class A power amp power supply, so all help is very much appreciated!
Mark

i think I received a notification from someone for board requirement.
but I dont see the post here...probably deleted by the poster..

Project16, request to edit post 1 where it say GB is closed, replace with GB open.
I have about 30 boards remaining.

regards
Prasi
Yes, I received a notification also to ask 2 cards to Prasi and I did not see any post. I do not have the message but the request is PauloPT it seems to you and if it is not a mistake it would be nice to confirm the request to Prasi.

@Prasi:
I will see to edit the first message and mention the availability of boards.

;)