Covers that are arguably better than the originals:

Huge challenge, they mastered it very well!
Not better than the original though, but I guess that was not the intention...
Take note of the name of the project and the average age of the members; while I’m no musicologist, those two factors, plus that this seemed to an unbroken single live take, made it stand out.
Then of course there’s the whole “Playing for Change” project, of which I think I have insufficient words to do Justice.

My bad in missing that. To be honest I’m still a bit discombobulated after being in hospital for about a week suffering a sudden onset UTI that initially presented as a crippling sciatica attack - which I’ve had before and are no fun either. Lots of meds, IV A/B and disruption of sleep cycles thanks to a very difficult ward mate.

Back to the performance itself; I was caught up in what appeared a genuine enthusiasm and almost reverence for the material.

The twins are entertaining and can actually sing and play; their covers are really enjoyable. They make a nice change from all the manufactured drivel which populates the airwaves and charts. They do a good 'Wish You Were Here', as well as their Beatles and 60s covers.

Geoff

Reactions: 1 users
Actually not cover, but a clone of late The Beatles pieces.

The author is a media student who has cloned many national stars previously. At first he tell what are typical features of the band's music and lyrics, but video starts now at 7:30 just before the new piece.

Each in their own way CCR and Heart are a pretty high bar, but settling into an afternoon of School of Rock, I found these

And I doubt anyone could accuse Scott Bradlee of “covers” - more like complete deconstruction and reimagining genre swaps that simply shouldn’t work, but almost invariably do. Very deep catalog to sink your ears into.

Reactions: 1 user