Corks inside a cd player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seriously, I used auto-adhesive cork sheets for dampening the steel enclosure of my Luxman Cd player. It´s effective and readily available at any hardware store ( at least here). If the sheet is too thin one can always add a second layer. For the serious designer, cork is not only used for sealing wine bottles. There are millions of applications for this both natural and hi-tec material in the military and aerospace industries.

Here´s from the world´s major manufacturer:

Amorim Industrial Solutions

Browse the sitemap and look for acousticork and antivibratic.

Cheers

I had once a sheet of cork to make your own gaskets for engines. Was a mixture of cork-granulate in flexible rubber, +/- 2.5 mm thick. Available in parts store for automotive stuff i guess. Maybe this type is very good for dampening, though i never tried this type of cork in my CDP, but used it in my motorcycle to prevent those black stains on garage floor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.