Convert Rechargeable Battery Radio to AC/USB Wall Powered

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would have thought 24 gauge (A.W.G.) should be good for around 3 amps for general wiring duty. So yes, it should be fine... just remember that speaker wire probably has definite limits on insulation resistance meaning its not suitable for mains voltage even if it can handle the current.

Legth of cale run plays a part too. If you were carrying 3 amps over a 100ft or more then you would want a heavier cable. Over a few inches in a chassis and there is no problem.

A 5 volt USB powered amp is way down the list when it comes to power delivery :)

Got it, yea it's a small little chasis. So I'll keep my wiring as short as possible for the speakers and for insulation purposes over mains voltage I'll get real black/red electrical wiring. thanks again!:spin::spin::spin:

Ok, then I have to buy a voltometer, will look on Amazon for one now. Definitely like the advice to never assume. Thanks a million. will keep you posted on how it goes, if the house doesn't burn down. LOL

A basic" multi meter" is relatively cheap and very handy to have around for various things.

Once you have one, you wonder how you ever got along without one. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.