Convert a Pass Labs x250.5 from 110v to 220v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, this is Audio Reference, official distributors of Pass Labs in Italy.
Please be informed 220V Pass Labs products can be bought in Italy at any authorized Pass Labs dealer with at least 20% discount from our list price on the website - as long as there is no trade-in or exchange of used products. Therefore no need to buy these in the US with 110V transformer and then try to replace it. Thank you.

It's possible, as the amplifiers as twin 120V primariesin series for
240V and parallel for 120V. The power supply has a jumper
diagram on the board, but I recommend this only for a competent
technician, as you are dealing with hazardous line voltages.
Hello

I'm French and I would spend my X250.5 220V to 240V.comment to do?
Thank you for your answers
x250.jpg

Hmm Hum Issue on XP10

Might be offtopic, but ill try it out in this thread anyway..

I own a X350.5 and a XP 10, both rated 230V...

I have had 3 different XP10's here at home, got the first one swapped for a new, dealer recognized the hum on the 2nd XP10 and called in a 3rd one, and thats the one i still have in my system...

The hum i have is audiable, not as noise in the speakers but from the unit itself, i guess my house and room has low background noise too, i hear this clearly and still a bit annoy'd about it..

Where is this interference coming from, i have a separate phase for the mains, and no fluctuations in the voltage that matters, i measured this and i tried different dc traps also, but no difference here..

Is the transformer in the XP10 for eu market made for 230V from the start?

I also had the XP20 in my system to try this, weird enough these units were dead silent..

I heard from other ppl, that us transformers can use less iron in the core because of the lower 130V that this usually handles, and when transforming this unit into producing 230V, this hum i have might come as an sideeffect.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.