Convergence on a Proxima DP9200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Video Gurus:

Anyone know how to correct this? I am seeing a ghost image offset from the real image by about 10-20 pixels. It is becoming more pronounced with use, and is more visible with larger image and screen sizes, and is affecting picture quality. Thank You.

Steve

If it affects all colour channels it's probably the dichroic prism, otherwise could be the LCDs themselves out of alignment.

Is the pixel shift equal throughout the whole screen area? If not, and all the pixels are in focus, it should be the prism.

I have a similar problem but the shift is less than 1/3 pixel. It's perfect just in one corner, so I guess it's the prism.

Z-

Thank You for responding! It's across the whole screen, and it's definitely more than one pixel, more like 4 or 5. It's enough to make the picture look out of focus, but it is in focus, because when I hit the focus button & adjust it, the word "FOCUS" is perfect, with no shift.

It's almost like a "ghost" image that won't go away, and is there on all four inputs: Video 1, Video 2 (both composite and S-video), and Computer 1 & Computer 2.

Will try your suggestions, and report back soon with results. Thanks Again,

Steve

Wait, if the word "focus" is in perfect focus with NO SHIFT do not touch the optics, as the problem is probably not there. Looks more like an echoing on the electrical signal path, kinda like when the TV reception isn't good.

As a disclaimer I do not encourage adjusting delicate optics, especially when there is no urgent need.

sombody sent this to me and it helped . "The cure for this problem is to go into the service menu and change
the data numbers 11, 12, and 13 to a setting of 00FF in the data
window."

This worked for me on the ghosting - the part I had to figure out was getting into the service menu.

to get to the service menu hold down the Menu and Normal Bottons for a few seconds and it wiIl Pop up

Make sure to write down the values before changing any Numbers
Good Luck

Bohanna

The proxima is the same as the sanyo??

Duh Yeah?? go to Projectorcentral.com and find the Proxima Model and if it is an older one it was Made By sanyo

the 8800 Sanyo and the DP5900 and the Eiki 860 (I think)

are all the same Machine Same guts different firmware

Bohanna

Been playin' a bit in the service menu & here's what I found: There are over 200 parameters that can be adjusted. Items 11,12, & 13 are the R, G & B settings, respectively. No parameter listed for clearing up image. Tried adjusting them, but to go from settings of 001B, 001B, and 001C, respectively, to 00FF will take a long time (~256 steps x 3)!

I should clarify my problem a bit- I am not experiencing convergence problems, where the R, G & B images meet (or don't), I am experience a Ghost image shift 13 pixels to the left of the main image. The 13 pixel shift is uniform top to bottom, and left to right. Image is now almost unwatchable.

If my problem is more accurately referred to as ghosting, and not convergence, then are there other parameters in the service menu I should look at? Does anyone know of an on-line tutorial for the DP9200's Service Menu? Thanks!

Steve

Bohanna said:
sombody sent this to me and it helped . "The cure for this problem is to go into the service menu and change
the data numbers 11, 12, and 13 to a setting of 00FF in the data
window."

This worked for me on the ghosting - the part I had to figure out was getting into the service menu.

to get to the service menu hold down the Menu and Normal Bottons for a few seconds and it wiIl Pop up

Make sure to write down the values before changing any Numbers
Good Luck

Bohanna

Oh Baby! My projo is now working again! Bohanna, THX a big bunch! I was thinkin' that I'd have to do the 256 steps x 3 thingy, but instead of going forward from 001B, 001C, 001D, 001E, 001F, 0020, 0021......, since parameters #11, #12, and #13 were at 001B, why not just back them up to 0000, then 00FF? Well, I tried this and it worked! First came #13, made things a bit blurrier, then #12, image snapped right back into place, then #11, and image cleaned up entirely!

THANKS AGAIN Bohanna!

the MDP-130 has it's own HID VGA output that connects to the VGA Monitor out in the Puter and to the VGA input on the Projector. I have an 8 foot High Def projectoin screen in My Living room that Blows away any body who has seen it. I got My card from ram electronics in NEw Jersy. If you buy from them ask then if they can drop the price a bit ( in My case they took about 10.00 off. since I have bought two of them so far. this set up is the Balls I didn;lt get the daughter Sound card BUt I may get it in the future. the unit has a nice remote thawt has all kinds of controlls on iut to make up for the Proximas lack opf a remote and it's basic controls Just set the Brightness to about 10 the contrast to about 60 the Blue to 34 the green to 30 and the red to 32 and you can control everything else through the MYHD remote

the oNly drawback is the turn on button for the 130 in the remote has same commane as the proxima so when you hit it you have to wait until the Power off Prompt on the projector goes away.
BTW if you don't have an Hi def cable connection in your area this unit finds the broadcase High def for free
also you can use your regualr video gear through the card INput it is really the Balls!!!
good Luck Bohanna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.