• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Conrad MF35-151.5 milled/drilled/tapped heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That's potentially good news.

If Chris is truly just too busy, or lazy, or whatever. Perhaps the gentleman from post #44 would be willing to take our heatsinks to the UPS store and I could compensate him for his trouble.

However, I suspect that Chris doesn't actually have that many heatsinks, and is either:

A. Waiting for them to arrive from Australia.
B. Using this for a "Paypal" loan.

Chris

I've sent a pm to mrothacher. I guess I spoke too soon on everything
working out. I would say he will probably resurface in a month, but it's hard
to explain away him saying he had sent most boxes out and would follow up with
tracking numbers and no one got anything. He would have to be dead or in a
hospital to get away with this one.:eek:

I just received an email from Chris with valid shipping confirmation showing a ship date of 11/04.

That would be good news. Mine and at least one other's, however, are currently showing only that billing information has been received, which, of course, means nothing more than that labels have been prepared. As I said to him, no party hats and confetti yet.

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I hope we're working our way to a favorable ending, but I'd caution against anyone closing their Paypal dispute until heatsinks have been received safe and sound. 20 hours later, my tracking number still hasn't been scanned at a terminal and the Paypal refund clock is ticking.

To those of you who have emailed me, thank you very much. Let's continue to keep one another posted.

Sincerely,

Mike

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I received mine today, also. Even found the bolts in the packaging.

Chris, as a former professor and now a manager in industry, I would suggest that the potential lesson about the need for continued communications with your customers, even when you are struggling to meet obligations, will mean much more to you in future years than anything on your midterms. Life can teach us much that the classroom could never touch.

Best,

Craig

There is no flatpack yet, except for the prototype that Chris showed early in the thread. I believe he mentioned a target price, too.

If that doesn't come to fruition, a trip to a local metal fab shop would probably get you something fairly quickly, or perhaps some enterprising person will come up with a Front Panel Express design on which we could tag along. - Pat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.