Connex electronics doesnt answer...

Account Closed
Joined 2010
That's a romanian store in Bucharest reselling stuff sold by others.Don't get involved with them! They sell Meanwell supplies.You can get them from many places.13 years ago i lived in that city and they were the only store that had no pricetag on the products on the shelf so people stay in line for an hour at their desks only to find out the prices which were also the highest prices on the market. There was a better store across the street called Syscom18 and a few others around , all on that same street , also another good store named Connect on a parallel street ...so I stopped buying anything from them.
Aliexpress is more reliable ...

Last edited:
you are referring to this site?

https://connexelectronic.com/
That site works well. I have been in contact with them over the last few years, but being in China, they have been subject to numerous lockdowns when that could not access the workplace, and hence the company internet connections. With the Chinese Communist Party relaxing covid restrictions recently, this should improve.

I have had two of their units for a long time and tried to order a third this year, but had questions about which model would be most effective for my uses. They never answered a single email.

I went with Microaudio because if Connex won't answer an email when I ask about a product that I wanted to purchase, what were the odds that they would answer if I would have a problem? Zero or thereabouts.

Microaudio, on the other hand, has been very prompt with email replies. It was an extremely easy decision to go with them.

hi, i'm going into oposite direction... i have few mirco-audio smsp, and wanted to check something else. i'm going to power-up single modulus86 amp, so i don't need full power of SMPS630g :)

connex SMPS300Reh looks interesting, especially it can be customized to +-26V (i can power up modulus86 and use it for KALTECS TDA amp for testing), but couldn't get single response from them

that's a pity

i saw that audiophonics has few of their SMPS, yet can't get any customization

I recently ordered an SMPS from Connex. There's been no followup on status. All these complaints of poor communication have been made for years before the pandemic. YEARS. Has nothing to do with lockdowns. Now that there are other options I won't be ordering from him again.

Have any of you tried Meanwell or TDK Lambda supplies in place of those above?
Meanwell are properly made, and are well regarded in the market.

There will be other competitors as well, no ties to anybody.

As an aside, what do you think of the idea of using LED drivers as DC supplies for audio amps?

Thank you all for your concerns regarding our activity. The business is still up and running, and the main focus recently is oriented towards volume and OEM customers while still keeping the DIY business as a side job.
We get a lot of design and manufacturing contracts both from local and overseas companies to keep us busy all the time. During the pandemic, a certain type of products in which design we were involved were thriving. NDAs and contract clauses don't allow me to elaborate now.

Regarding the subject of this thread, I previously discussed these issues some years ago, but maybe is hard to find it now, I will try to update it here.

From the contact page: https://connexelectronic.com/contact-us/
We will reply your emails within the shortest time, during weekends and public holidays it might take a bit longer.

Spam emails or mails with questions not related to our products, asking for bargain or which ask non-sense questions will be ignored. Thank you for understanding.

Due to the fact that some users published the email address on various places we receive a lot of spam which affects the email visibility and relevance. Due to the fact that the internet access in china is very slow, heavy filtered with constant need to try various VPNs to be able to access outside world internet, we have integrated a custom spam filter to save us some time, and only let pass relevant emails, but unfortunately this is eats out some of the legit emails.

1. Existing customers have priority on answering messages, if you bought something and you have an enquiry, you're welcome. But please keep it short, concise, don't write novels, I'm a tech guy, I don't like to read novels or poetry. I like to have a constructive discussion, I hate to waste time with non-sense. I do not like to get engaged in subjective discussions similar to audiophile subjectivism.
2. All the orders have shipping information updated, an email is sent to the customer as soon as the tracking information is received. Some customers reported that the tracking information isn't updated, and many times when I checked on the website they haven't logon or check the status on the site since they placed the order. Ok, check the email then, or send us an email inquiry, we resend the tracking information usually within few hours except holidays. Asking for the tracking number on forum doesn't give you more chances to get it, I'm sure nobody on the forum has it.
3. If an email message contains an excessive number characters similar with those used by spam messages to replicate legit charters (outside the range of ASCII codes for A-Z and 0-9 characters) is automatically filtered. Some customers from Scandinavian countries, Germany, or other countries which language use diacritics might have their emails lost.
4. If a message inquires about whatever else than anything related to our products, might have to wait till some of us have time to reply to it, if and only if makes any sense, we cannot reply with tutorials and tech someone basic electronics.
5. If a message starts which what is the minimum price for one pcs of (whatever < 50-100$) or give me free shipping, or I want a discount, etc. will not get an answer.
6. If a message contains rude words, smells frustration or mockery, guess what ?
7. If a message is longer than 10 000 characters, or an email sent directly to our address is larger than 10M or have large attachments, exe files, app, some unverified archives, large pictures or video, or anything unsafe will not be received.
8. If a message asks for free samples, for various reasons such as evaluation, promise of a super-extra-mega order of 999 trillion pcs will be carefully evaluated and maybe, will get a reply asking some questions to try to find its legitimacy. Up to now, all such inquiries have failed.
9. job offers or sales offers, which doesn't fit into typical spam topics such as web design, electronic design, offering some projects, etc. will get ignored.

A bit off-topic. I have issues with my skype account since one year already. Each day it automatically disconnects me from all devices and asks for parental or guardian consent. There is no way to make it work, I tried everything and beyond. I contacted their customer support to no avail. Never got a reply. Nobody is to be found. Is it skype a dead company ? apparently not because they still charge me when my account gets close to zero. Where should I complain about it ? Will it solve the problem ? no, off-course not, it's just a rhetoric question.

Now let's see what we have here.
No they doesnt answer when I send messages.
I need a cable to my IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier....
Let's see my side of story, can we ? Bought an amp module without the aux cable option. After requesting the cable, we sent a cable for free, on our own cost, with unregistered mail because the shipping was and is even more expensive now than back then and was probably lost in transit, then I provided alternative option to source the cable locally, we exchanged 30+ emails about this issue, lots of advices and guidance from my side, never received an update after that, instead was easier to open this thread than to reply to one of the emails. Typical.

Hi!

Same here. I've sent last month 3 messages. No answer.

Not sure they're still in operation. Most of their products are out of stock at European distributors for months.
Please check if your message inquiry fits into one of the 9 types listed above.
We have a MOQ requirement for distributors. If they don't gather enough orders to meet the MOQ will chose to postpone the supply.
Why we had the exact same products available all this time ?

Also had a problem with my SMPS300REh, worked for 3 weeks OK and then it stopped working.

And no replay
Have you contacted us to solve the issue ? it has warranty, feel free to contact us.
Oh, wait, sammy, not you, again.... the guy from Jordan, who have his boards built here in china and then resell them overpriced. A long time and experienced member of this forum with 10+ clones some of them banned, others still up and running doing adv for itself and bitching other products: Microsim, cresnet, cobranet, AutoclassA, ee2am, and many others... when will you start doing business honestly ?

He answered on this emailadress: connexelectronic@gmail.com
Said he get back at me on the weekend.
Is it normal to publish our email address on a public forum and bring us more spam, which leads to more issues for other customers ?

hi, did you finalize your order? i'm thinking about ordering at least two of their SMPS, but unresponsiveness from their webpage holds me back
Please check if your message inquiry fits into one of the 9 types listed above.

That's a romanian store in Bucharest reselling stuff sold by others.Don't involved with them! They sell Meanwell supplies.You can get them from many places.13 years ago i lived in that city and they were the only store that had no pricetag on the products on the shelf so people stay in line for an hour at their desks only to find out the prices which were also the highest prices on the market. There was a better store across the street called Syscom18 and a few others around , all on that same street , also another good store named Connect on a parallel street ...so I stopped buying anything from them.
Aliexpress is more reliable ...
there's a reason why we aren't available in some countries including rhomanistan.

I recently ordered an SMPS from Connex. There's been no followup on status. All these complaints of poor communication have been made for years before the pandemic. YEARS. Has nothing to do with lockdowns. Now that there are other options I won't be ordering from him again.
Same issue as the initiator, we exchanged dozens and dozens of emails in the past 10+ years, I provided you the tracking info within hours of receiving it, I follow-up the tracking few times. Instead you haven't replied to my last mails. Do I have to send you an email or two each day without a reason ?

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Rhomanistan ha? Is that why your name "Cristi" is the romanian short form of the name Christian which is found only in Romania?
You gave yourself up cause there's not a single country on Earth that uses Cristi as a name for children except Romania .
How do you find China's weather? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-163234_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215-163234_Samsung Internet.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230215-163318_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215-163318_Samsung Internet.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator: