concept rubber-band sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Haydon. No Voice coil. It's not up to it. Yes, digital. As these signals are only on digital media, why convert to analogue, well we have to sooner or later.

I am thinking along the lines of a 16 bit port feeding a servo control system. Only need to generate sine waves, say 12 - 24 hz.

I am waiting on a few figures from a mechanical engineer. He also writes software for robots, cnc equipment, etc.

My question to him was "How quickly do you think a hydraulic ram could move say a I kg mass in a sinusoidal manner (to keep stresses down) over 25 mm, and what sort of psi would the pump need?

My idea is to have hydraulic rams controlling hinged baffles. A bit like a bellows air pump.

The DtoA conversion will take place in the driver. It could be way too expensive to implement. And I might loose all my marbles. Its just an idea, and you asked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.