• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Component Kit for Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bigparsnip said:
Do you have a catalouge number or page number for those, as it is the correct profile and size, but it is missing a hole or two (so TO-220 and TO-247 devices an be used) so hopefuly there will be a slightly diferent model available there to.

Actually there is an identical model with 3 different mounting holes in it. Hang On I will attach a file in a moment.

Anthony

Attachments

• 531102c02500.zip
    76.2 KB · Views: 74
bigparsnip said:
How about HS241-ND, as this is a black version which show three mounting holes in the picture (how acurate are the digikey pictures anyone?) and is more cloesly priced to the previous one at 0.9625 in 100+ numbers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

SNAP

Uhh.. see previous post. :)

Photo's are accurate, I have purchased these for myself in the past and they were exactly as depicted.

Regards

Anthony

bigparsnip said:
OK, unfortunately this particular item doesn't show up in the UK section of the digikey website, so I have sent a mail to them to ask for a quote on the parts. Hopefully this should arive soon, and give me a better idea of how much the kit of four heatsinks should cost.

Andrew.

Well if I have to spell it out for you BP, I will buy them from Digikey.ca and ship them to you if it helps you out. :)

Anthony

Could I ask another favour with regard to these heatsinks (if you have some around):

would you be able to measure the diameter of the pins that support the heatsink, as I have just a had a look at the Aavid specs, and it states a hole size of 2.67mm (and I used a 2.5mm hole on the PCB, as the fischer variant had a maximum pin diameter of 2.3mm) but not size ofr the actual pins.

bigparsnip said:
Could I ask another favour with regard to these heatsinks (if you have some around):

would you be able to measure the diameter of the pins that support the heatsink, as I have just a had a look at the Aavid specs, and it states a hole size of 2.67mm (and I used a 2.5mm hole on the PCB, as the fischer variant had a maximum pin diameter of 2.3mm) but not size ofr the actual pins.

Sure I will take a pair of calipers to one of them tonight.

Regards

Anthony

bigparsnip said:

0.095"

Anthony

Right, thanks, I'll have to wait to check that on the boards when they arrive (it looks like it is the same pin size as the other aavid types I ordered a couple of to try).

I'll also give a few other types I have a go and see which fits (I managed to find a compatable type by Wakefield Engineering which should have the right pin size and it's almost the same price as the digikey part) before I actualy put an order for any parts in.

Ok, I have created (another) WIKI page now for this little group buy with quite a bit of information on it as well as what I believe the final prices should be (providing there are enough orders for the diodes). I have also posted dates for the closing of the order and a time by which I will need the money as I have my finals comming up soon and I want this out the way (at least the ordering part anyway) before they start.

I have put down the orders that people have listed os far int his thread as well, but if you would all go and check this just to make sure I haven't made an obvious mistakes that would probably be safest.

And again, if anyone has any more questions then please feel free to ask.

Andrew.

Edit:

I forgot to link to teh WIKI page. Doh :cannotbe:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Rectifier+Components

Yes, these are the kits for the boards I'm getting made, the price is a little different from how I had initialy thought (should still be under £11.00 though for a full board) but the components are pretty much the same. I decided to strat a new thread so that the old one didn't get too cloged up and have two disscussion topics going at once, so this one if for the components and the other is just for the boards now.

I called Fischer today (finally), and the SK 104 50,8 STS (the one with the mounting holes) turned out to be readily available for

€ 0,94 each (250 off) or
€ 0,80 each (500 off).

Yes, this does include VAT.

Andrew can get them in less than a week after he decides to order.

Hi, so (correct me if I'm wrong here), but as the VAT is being paid at source in germany, there will be no extra VAT or duty charged on the package when it arrives in the UK right?

If this is the case, it should nock about 10-15p per heatsink off the current best price I have found and so the price for four heatsinks woud go down to £3.00 - £3.20 (probably closer to £3.00 if the 16.50 euros for shipping is correct). I guess I wikk have to check out at teh post office what the isues are with importing them to the UK and then I will get back to you (coulomb this means that these will probably work out cheeper than the parts from digikey after all of the extra tax and postage, but thanks fo offering anyway).

It also looks like there is definately enough intrest ot go ahead witht he diodes now, so anyone who wasn't sure if they would be getting ordered, they should almost certinaly be now.

andrew.

Yes of course, no extra charges or taxes.
There must be SOME good things about the EU, right?

I was also told the weight of those sinks, which is not in the datasheet: they are 21,5 g each.
This means, 250 of them are already above 5 kg, which raises postage to € 20,50.
Still a good deal...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.