Completing my DIY TT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally finished

I have finally completed my turntable project. I still have some bugs to work out with the tonearn and alignment. But the table is completed and working. As you can see on the right i have a old peice of test equiptment that has a 24volt transformer in it that i converted to my power supply/ motor controll unit. It houses a Mark Kellly group buy pc set. The larger board is visible through the cage on top while the adjustment is on the bottom accessable by turning the unit on its side. I plan on either mounting a dummy tube in it as a indicator light or something else that looks cool. The motor pod is a maxon (group buy) motor with it half full of shot gun buck shot. Runs quiet and sounds great. I will be posting some more detailed pics shortly.
Thanks
FortyTwo

Attachments

• tt_complete.jpg
    tt_complete.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 731
can I help with the "right" bearings?

check ouyt the usual suspects, McMastr&Carr, Small Parts Inc., etc. .

Let me know what ya need and I'll see if I can help. Nice looking pieces for the gimbal, but light in weight.... wouldn't extra mass at the pivot help reduce effects of inertia on the arm?(just a thought)

good luck with the tonearm, the table looks absolutely great.

stew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.