Complete Novice Needs Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep !

Hi Russell,

I ordered them today . I was reading your thread and decided it would make more sense to build something that others can help with.

Bill and I spent 4 hours on the phone this weekend trying to get to the bottom of the Chinese problem.

From what I read ,once I understand Brians boards I can use the same board to
build many different amps .

Ill keep the PSU as it works .

Anyway Dude ,blaze ahead ,ill be right behind you eager to learn from your posts ,

Rich

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Russell,

I ordered them today . I was reading your thread and decided it would make more sense to build something that others can help with.

Bill and I spent 4 hours on the phone this weekend trying to get to the bottom of the Chinese problem.

From what I read ,once I understand Brians boards I can use the same board to
build many different amps .

Ill keep the PSU as it works .

Anyway Dude ,blaze ahead ,ill be right behind you eager to learn from your posts ,

Rich

You may (if you didnt) order a few of those board sets, and power supply boards as well, 2 of them for each board set if you want dual mono. The boards are very inexpensive, and if there is trouble down the road, you've got a spare board.

Each of the board sets come with enough output boards to do Aleph 30. You will probably get done before me, as soon as my "Pumpkin package arrives from Zen mod it will be next on the block. Then I'll order another set of sinks (2 pair) one for another F-5 with Toshiba outputs and no current limiting....Then either a mini Aleph or preferably, Aleph 30 like you are building.

Russellc

I have been following this thread and I have to say I am a little disappointed because it, once more, points to the fact that the Chinese got it wrong!

It seems that there is a mad rush in China to copy and mass produce without the dedication we are familiar with here in this forum. I'm sure there are many Chinese companies doing very well with quality parts and copies but, unfortunately, they seem to be lost in the quagmire of bandit companies.

Richluvsound, I hope you come to a successful conclusion. I, for one, am happy to continue to watch your progress.

Reeler

the whole world population has "business" people looking to make a quick $$.
That China has ~25% of the World population probably means they also have 25% of the quick $ "business".
All get tarred with the same brush. Even when it might be only 1ppm that have no conscience, nor skill.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.