Compare Crecendo and Leach Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cresendo (new) schematic

Updated crescendo schematic from the Dutch version of Elektor (Elektuur) April 2001.
At the moment I'm building something quite similar (i.e. symmetric ss amp); only using BJTs as output devices and different input pairs.

Cheers,

Rambi :)

Attachments

• crescendo.gif
    crescendo.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,655
Eccu said:
Is there any inferiority or bad_sound things because I can't get those T7 BC560C and T9 BC550C?
I can replace those with BC560B and BC550B.

It's always a good thing to have high Hfe in amps. The advantage of high beta is possibility to use plastic caps when otherwise you would have elelectrolythic ones. You get also lower bias currents which always is an advantage.

If you want the C-model check also BC557 C and BC547 C. Check for enough Uce (>50V), Noise < 4 dB, ft 100-300 Mhz. Hfe > 450. You have quite a few to choose from.

Note also that ON has the best BC54x and BC55x types!

joensd said:
thanks eccu for the pics, just arrived.

NOW, has anybody schematic of crescendo ME with better resolution than the picture rambi included in this thread?
it´s hard to figure out a few values. (and makes you nuts looking at it a longer time)

TIA
Jens

I had to resize the scan for the previous post (image size limitations for posting etc.).
So this time the 'original' scan as a zip.

Cheers ,

Rambi :)

Attachments

• crescendome.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 450
thanks rambi
that resolution is much nicer to look at.

well, i have just finished reading through Randy Slone´s book and thought about his designs as well. PCB´s included which is really cool to give an insight to PCB beginners or just to use them.
but not having heard anyone´s experience with the designs and them being more complicate (at least to me) than the crescendo or the lateral mosfet from anthony holton i rather looked at those.

i´d appreciate any comments about Mr.Slone´s amps having not found a lot myself. Strange, cause so many actually read the book.

Hi @all,

I started to build a Crescendo-AMP (original version, NOT ME) a couple of years ago and now I want to finish it. Unfortunately I cant find any of the original schematics neither at home nor on the web. Has anyone still have the schematics? If so, could you send me a scan or copy of them?

Thanks in advance!

eMail: flauten-surfer_AT_web.de

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.