Compaq MP1600 dlp projector repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey-

I almost called Compaq/HP and get my replacement MP1600 replaced again (last year it costed $500-$600 to get a replacement) - same problem - color flickering. Sounds like I should open the thing and check the color wheel and sensor prior to such costy action! :)

A picture was posted on the inside of the projector - would someone kindly suggest where to look for the color wheel and sensor, do I need to open any assembly first to see them?

I promise to post pictures of my results in any case :)

-2ndcat

I have a Compaq MP1600 and recently it has started flickering after about 20 min of usage and then the colours change. I was hoping to clean the color wheels and check the problem. Would appreciate if someone could post instructions on how to open the projector and how to access and clean the colot wheels.

Thanks

Reddy

Some pictures of inside of MP1600:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

To open, you have to remove these rubber screw-hole stuffers, then you'll see the screws. You'll also need to remove one screw on the VGA port connector, and also the lamp case cover. Inside, you'll need to remove a few screws to remove the protective casing for the light path (light path consists of some lens and sensors). There is a little LED sensor on the protective casing that was addressed in this thread earlier.

My projector had the same problem of color bleeding and eventually loosing some hues completely as the unit runs for anywhere from 10 minutes to half hour.

I took out the led sensor as a poster suggested but couldn't find that part replacement. Strangely enough, after calling HP compaq and learning that they no longer service MP1600 anymore nor do they sell anything but lamps, with nothing else I am willing to do or can presently do, I put everything back and try it one more time.

And it worked. Color stays find for a week now, no problem whatsoever. Strange little projector. I hope your luck will be as good as mine in the projector healing itself (so far at least). Best wishes..

Alternative lamp

Hi every body I need help
Can you please suggest an alternative for the MP1600 lamp as It is very hard to come by & expensive (duties etc.) in the place I am living in. Also while you're at it ,please list the drawbacks/problems(boot up/functional) that I may come across by using an alternative light source .
Thanx & best regards.

Hi there, first i must say thanks i had this projector for a long time and the picture went mad so i shelved it. This guide has helped me get it back up and running. Although now my image is half off the screen and keeps scrolling. problem is i dont have my setup cd and HP/compaq wont help me, does anyone have any ideas?, pls would b a waste to shelf it again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.