Commercially available current dumping amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Professor smith said:

Lets stick to this. I would like to understand whats going on.

Engineers tend to be vague about things which is why I asked how it could be made rigorous not necessarily more complicated.

I thought you may offer something better?

"Poor Maclaurin have no remaining member,
Lagrange and Koshi have both good members.
Somebody have borrowed Bernolli's member, but forgot to return,
But in Piano form a member is better than vine!"

Sorry, your nickname confused me. I thought you are a mathematician.

I'll answer later, have to go now.
In short: an infinitely small part of any (don't know English terms) non-broken function may be represented by a part of a liner function. So, if a non-linear device is Used on a very short part of it's characteristic it may be assumed linear. The shorted the part is used, the closer it is to the linear one.

Wavebourn said:

And, finally, the 4'th way: use optimal combination of all 3, optimizing such a way that most audible distortions will be mostly minimized. No amps with no distortions can be made. Add here speakers that are driven by amps, so the system containing an amp and speakers have to be optimized together, otherwise a perfect by itself amp with a perfect by itself speaker in combination produce worse sound than less expensive combination that had been optimized all together.

This is another thing that makes me feel like I am fighting an uphill battle against this design. I lack the ability to optimize an amp for a specific driver and stick it as close to the driver with the shortest run of cable as possible. The closest thing I can do as a consumer/modder is buy a bunch of overpowered amps for each driver and use my knowledge of digital to build a superior crossover. I am not sure it is enough even if I do find some cheap feedforward amps. I am basically running 4 60watt amps for the mids and 4 40watts for the tweeters right now.

I might have a better chance forming a consumer campaign for more active designs than learning the electronics needed to make my own.

Key said:

This is another thing that makes me feel like I am fighting an uphill battle against this design. I lack the ability to optimize an amp for a specific driver and stick it as close to the driver with the shortest run of cable as possible. The closest thing I can do as a consumer/modder is buy a bunch of overpowered amps for each driver and use my knowledge of digital to build a superior crossover. I am not sure it is enough even if I do find some cheap feedforward amps. I am basically running 4 60watt amps for the mids and 4 40watts for the tweeters right now.

I might have a better chance forming a consumer campaign for more active designs than learning the electronics needed to make my own.

You are doing well.
Any optimization involves limited resources. As Carl Sagan said, "In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Even when designing for enormously expensive space programs where main criteria are size, weight, reliability, vibrations, temperatures, accelerations, pressure, people have to calculate money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.