Commercial speaker using multiple Purifi drivers

Drivers definitely is a big factor here as lots of people already know the importance of directivity control/frequency response.
The CUE-100 is really good also using purifi's woofers. I hope there's a chance to listen to this pair of speakers someday.

Reactions: 1 user
For the avoidance of doubt, I was not suggesting for a moment in my opening post that good drivers is all you need to make a good pair of speakers. However, if you have a good design that plays to the strengths of some top quality drivers then I think you are going reap dividends in improved sound quality.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm.

So you have one of TOTL tweeters at the time (Scan-Speak D2905/9x00 series large soft domes released in 1990-1995) and Vifa midwoofers drivers which have some of the flattest smoothest frequency response available (at the time/all time). A pair in parallel probably needs little more than 10W to sing, because as you probably know, a big cabinet does wonders for bass.

It’s not sure your argument holds all the water…

Good drivers clearly matter, and rational design matters. Otherwise, you could have dropped any replacement drivers into it instead of getting the original classic drivers. The processes of the design matter.

Perhaps if your argument was “stamped frames are not as bad as people believe” or “you don’t need fancy unobtainium materials” then I’m totally with you.
My argument was drivers cost has no major impact on retail price and sound of the speaker. Marketing policy and positioning of the speaker in the manufacturer's hierarchy of the products does have a major impact on the sound of the speaker. Also that progress in drivers development for the mainstream BR boxes is nonexistent. Different cone materials and magnet materials sound different like they always did and Purifies will be soon forgotten and abandoned like any other hopla because they are not sufficiently different from the average designs.
Also , those Living Voice boxes are not big and Bass is the weakest part of the speaker. It produces carboard box quality farts in truest British tradition. And they need closer to 30-60W not 10

Last edited: