Commercial Projector Ballast Bypass Guide

Optoma HD65

Hey guys,

I have an Optoma HD65 that really doesn't want to turn on! It uses SCI to monitor Lamp status and I just wondered if anyone could figure how to bypass it so I can use any lamp I like? The grounding method doesn't work. I've attached pics and labelled them as best as I can, couldn't find a service manual anywhere to help though :/ .

Thanks in advance :)

http://s5.postimage.org/r4xy9yp13/1_Main_PCB_Top_Side_SCI.jpg
http://s5.postimage.org/peex8h7hz/2_Main_PCB_Bottom_Side_SCI.jpg
http://s5.postimage.org/ha6t3ql2v/3_Lamp_Driver_Top_Side_SCI.jpg
http://s5.postimage.org/gypcqz4mv/4_Lamp_Driver_Bottom_Side_SCI.jpg
http://s5.postimage.org/84yg9vho7/5_Extra_Lamp_Driver_Pic.jpg
http://s5.postimage.org/tsrzy27g7/6_Extra_Lamp_Driver_Pic_2.jpg

If any more pics are needed, just let me know and I'll upload them straight away!

Last edited:
I have a problem with a wheel color I using a halogen lamp 100w 12v.Wheel increase the speed as soon as I turn on the lamp,I think my real problem is fotosensor.I need help, my projector is the InFocus X1a.

Product data
• General Characteristics
Philips Code 13100
Cap-Base GY6.35
Cap-Base Information 15
Bulb T4 [T4: .434 inch / 11mm]
Bulb Finish Clear
Operating Position any [Any or Universal (U)]
Rated Lifetime
(hours)
4000 hr
Rated Lifetime
(years)
4 an
• Light Technical Characteristics
Color Rendering
Index
100 Ra8
Color Temperature 3000 K
Color Temperature
Technical
3000 K
Luminous flux lamp 2200 Lm
Rated Luminous Flux 1850 Lm
Luminous Efficacy
Lamp
22 Lm/W
• Electrical Characteristics
Lamp Wattage 100 W
Lamp Wattage Technical
100 W
Voltage 12 V
Lamp Current 8.33 A
Dimmable Yes
Rated Wattage 100 W
Starting Time 0.01 (max) s
Warm-up Time to
60% Light Outp
instant full light
• Environmental Characteristics
Mercury (Hg)
Content
0.0 mg
• Measuring Conditions
Switching cycle 16000X
• Luminaire Design Requirements
Pinch Temperature 350 (max) C
Bulb Temperature 900 (max) C
• Product Dimensions
Overall Length C 44 (max) mm
Diameter D 12 (max) mm
Overall Width E 12 (min) mm
Light Center Length
L
30 mm
Overall Height H 44 (min) mm
• Product Data
Order code 924040017101
Full product code 924040017101
Full product name Capsuleline 100W GY6.35 12V CL
4000h 1CT
Order product name Caps 100W GY6.35 12V CL 4000h
1CT/10X10F
Pieces per pack 1
Packing configuration 10X10F
Packs per outerbox 100
Bar code on pack -
EAN1

Last edited:
Need help with a sharp xv-c10m. I want to bypass the ballast or get it working again
It shows the power is on but nothing else. How can I test that the lamp is working or not. want to also ghange the lamp to a more afordable option if posible and would love to have advice form the forum on that please

Dell 3200mp

Hi, new to this forum.

Hope someone can help ...

My Dell 3200mp only lights up like 5- 10 seconds before it shuts down.
Lamp light comes on.

i will try to bypass the ballast and see.If i can manage to to that.
Wonder if any in here have done that with this model.Or have experience with dell pj`s... etc

Some say its the lamp, and other the ballast, or lamp driver.
Hard to tell though.
The few seconds its on, its very bright and clear picture. And even the lamp are over its life span, it still would be possible to use the pj.

I am testing my Projectiondesign model two bought in 2006 , with intermitent problems (not reaching full light ) after one hour working well, and after changing the lamp I try to test the ballast. I have a first question for the experts in this excellent forum : the original ballast is EUC 220d A/21 , in a few days I will receive ( bought in eBay ) one ballast EUC 220d A/23 ( it seems identical ) may I install this unit in the projector with no risk ?
Thank you

Hi does anyone know how to bypass the balast on the sanyo plc xu41 multiverse projector there are 4 wires from the balast there is 0v on the first 2 wires then a 5v and up and down voltage around 1v i have grounded them all and no luck i even soldered the optocouplers the projector will turn on for 10 seconds and then shutoff.

There are some manuals online for this projector if someone knows how to block the error signal i would be willing to try and do it

Hey Markhunt ok the bad news is that it was impossible to ground the pins with this projector i think you needed to create a return signal for it to work not even the octocouplers trick would work. Ok the good news i would not give up until i could get this to work and in the end i found a way and it is very easy. With a steady hand and maybe a magnifying glass open up the projector and look at the chips on the top you will need to find the chip IC4811 it is located at the front of the projector where the middle fan is the label on the board is not very clear the top of ic is cut off and the number 4 is missing the top and bottom. The 11 is also clipped off the top but you can make it out to help you identify it the chip also has 45A stamped in white on it. Now on the the chip there is a small circle depression on it this will be the bottom right as you look at it the bottom left is what you need to look at the third pin up pin number 3 just break the connection to the board with a very fine blade or even a needle. Now the projector will start up and stay on if you look into the front lens with say a torch where the lamp should be you will see the sanyo logo and whatever you are feeding as a signal. Here is a link to the service manual that i used not very easy to find. SANYO PLC-XU41 SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics Near the end of the manual there is 4 main board diagrams look at 4/4 and zoom in you will see ic4811. pin 3 is the line that sends the lamp error signal so just break this and it will work. :) good luck

I see the chip,has a "45A" stamped on white like in your projector,its located on the frontal side of the motherboard near de lens system just a litle to the right side on top of the fan almost,i guess there isnt any other chip with 45A stamped on it,right?Must be that one for sure.

Now my problem is considering what you called "the 3rd pin up"because this chip has connections legs only on top and on the bottom,no left or right,so i'm confused because you said i must look at the bottom left of the chip and then you said the pin is the 3rd pin up and i ask myself why do i need to look at the bottom left side of the chip?I understood all your directions and that the part of the chip that has the litle small circle with the depression will be for understanding sake the bottom of the chip.

So my question is,the pin i must cut is the top 3rd pin(counting from left to right)?
Or is it the 3rd bottom pin(counting again from left to right)

Thank you very much.