• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

It looks like that, there's also a shield between primary and secondary:

Attachments

• tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,111
problem solved

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have fixed the issue with my monoblocks. The speaker outs I was using are not isolated and they were mounted in a conductive plate. I removed them and hey presto...

Ran a 4ohm speaker at full blast from Ipod source for 1/2 an hour and the cpu heatsinks were warm but not hot. Gonna do proper casework now and will post photos in the gallery when finished. FE207E MLTLs are progressing too so am very pleased.

Thanks for all your help.

One more small question, if the amps prove way too loud, cna I reduce the gain by changing Rnfeedback? What would be a good value?

Cheers

Matt

What would you all think about a Tap set like this?

Getting ready to construct my enclosure and I'll be tapping all of it. Want to blind tap most of it, so would I be able to do that with this set?

I know Peter uses a filed off tap to prevent drilling all the way through, and you have a three piece set for each hole right? Start, tap and finish or something like that?

These look like one tap per hole. Will these work ok?

Thanks,
mike

soma_hero said:
What would you all think about a Tap set like this?
useful if you do a lot of varied mechanical work.
No metric and no BA sizes, but maybe you don't need that facility in US imported products.

If you use one or two sizes regularly then invest in a 3tap set for those sizes, first, intermediate and plug. Those three taps will cost more than the whole kit.

With brass and copper you will probably find the carbon last quite well.
With aluminium you must use an extreme pressure lubricant. Steel tapping, even with the right lub, will blunt quite quickly.

Current?

Hi Peter,
With the pcb's I ordered from you I intend to build a pair of mono amps with the 25VAC+25VAC/225VA mains transformers in separate chassis (umbilical cable to PSU/audio boards).

My question is..... will a 5A (250VAC) rating be o.k. for the multipole plugs/sockets I will need to connect the supply?

These... Multipole Connectors

Many thanks,
Steve

Hi, Peter-
My question is along the same line as Steve's- about power connectors.
I was admiring the chrome screw-on connector you used on some monoblocks (I'd hoped to attach a pic but apparently not allowed?), and was wondering if you could provide a part# and source.
The connectors Steve has referenced look good, but I'd like to avoid ordering from the UK if possible.
Thanks.
John