• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Colin's Clearance Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Posting on behalf of my friend Colin Topps (Toppsy), who has a few items available for sale. Colin, like myself, is based in the UK, which may have relevance for postage etc. Please note that Colin is open to reasonable offers for any of the items listed for sale on this thread.

First up, something a bit different. Unique actually, to the best of my knowledge. This is a pair of custom marKen (Fonken) enclosures with dual Alpair 10 Generation 3s (the current generation units). These are the only pair in existence to the best of my knowledge, and were designed by Dave Dlugos of Planet10.

For those who aren't familiar with Dave's many 'ken'-themed boxes, these are not actually an Onken variation -they just happen to look like them. They're actually an aperiodic / leaky sealed box variation, in this case using the friction of the high aspect ratio vents to provide the desired acoustic resistance.

These speakers have Colin's usual superb cabinetry and is constructed from 18mm Finnish birch plywood; real oak veneer with an oil finish. I've heard them a couple of times and they're rather special, as they should be with four state of the art drivers and a cabinet that's -well, not exactly a simple build. ;) Easy to place thanks to the well-damped box alignment, wide horizontal dispersion, excellent midband & top end. Friendly load for valve amps too as they're quite resistive / unreactive. You wouldn't normally be able to get away with this dual driver arrangement, but it works nicely with these Alpairs. The drivers have very few hours on them, about 50 or so. I'm afraid I don't know the external dimensions or weight (not light!), but these would realistically be a collection item, or delivery within a reasonable distance of Manchester, for a small fee to cover fuel. Image attached.

Colin's asking for £650, which is a bit of a bargain given the 4 drivers and the excellent cabinetry, but I know he's open to offers as he's run out of space! Please contact him through this thread, or via PM.

Attachments

• Dual10.3.JPG
    Dual10.3.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Alpair 10.3 DCR

Next up, something else a little different. This is a pair of standmount DCR enclosures I designed, fitted with the current Alpair 10.3. I quite like the DCFR alignment as it gives some extra control over the driver than a regular vented box variation. The drivers are essentially brand new, with only a couple of hours on them. The enclosures are currently unfinished 18mm Finnish birch plywood, with a nice pair of gold plated binding posts. Makes a nice single-driver standmount for smaller - medium sized rooms; usual Alpair 10.3 characteristics; wide dispersion, excellent bass extension, nice mids & HF.

Colin's asking for £225 for the pair as-is; he can veneer them for an additional modest charge (just to cover costs). Bit of a bargain in my view.

Attachments

• 10.3DCR.jpg
    10.3DCR.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 594
Alpair 10 Mk1

Bit of a classic this; these original Mk1 versions of the Alpair 10 don't seem to come up for sale very often. Colin has two pairs (gold / copper cone), with only very light use that are in need of an appreciative new home. This version of the Alpair 10 was, as I recall, slightly different in operating terms to the later models, and uses more controlled flex of the cone (bending wave). Slightly softer alloy with greater self-damping than later units. Operationally they're in perfect condition; only just run in and in their original boxes. Cosmetically, other than a couple of pin-sized marks in the anodising of one or two cones which can't be seen from more than foot or so away, they're spot on. No cracks in the polymer frame and ready to go.

Colin can sell the pairs separately of course rather than all together; looking for £50pr.

Peerless 830869

1 pair of Peerless 830869 8in midbass / woofers. Can be surface or flush-mounted. Nice smooth response; easy to work with, & good bass extension. Suits a range of enclosure types so plenty of options. Data sheet is here: http://www.tymphany.com/peerless/driver ... il/?id=793 They have about 50 hours very light use only. New retail for this unit here in the UK is about £70 apiece + shipping when new. Colin's asking for £70 for the pair + postage.

Attachments

• 830869.jpg
    830869.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Vifa H26TG-35-06

1 pair of classic Vifa H26TG-35-06 horn loaded tweeters. High 95db 1m/w sensitivity, silk dome, very linear / smooth response, large decompression chambers & ferro-fluid damping, low distortion levels. Data sheet can be found here: http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/vifa-h ... eeter.html Nice easy unit to work with. Like the Peerless in the post above, they've got about 50 hours light use only. A very nice horn tweeter indeed.

Colin's asking for £35 for the pair + postage.

Attachments

• H26TG-35-06.jpg
    H26TG-35-06.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 548
Mark Fenlon Tweeter No.3

1 pair of brand new in box Mark Audio Tweeter Number 3. These are the units with the MF logo on the basket rather than being labelled as the CSS ERT26. Small frame design so they take up little room on the baffle; it's quite a lively little thing -they make music nicely, are easy to work with & like the Monacors are ideal for an inexpensive bookshelf or similar. Please note the attached image is a generic one.

Colin's asking for £25 for the pair + postage. He also has a pair of the same with very light use (about 1 hour) and are in as-new condition (£20 for the pair + postage).

Attachments

• Tweeter No.3.png
    Tweeter No.3.png
    44 KB · Views: 553
  • Tweeter-No3.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 76
Seas CA18RNX

4 pairs (can be sold as separate pairs of course) of Seas CA18RNX midbass drivers. Very light use, about 30 hours total. Excellent unit; smooth extended bandwidth, well-balanced spec. so can produce decent bass output in a modest sized box. Usual Seas build quality, classic lightly coated paper cone, decent amount of linear travel and good distortion performance. Another unit that's very easy to work with & flexible enough to work in a variety of alignments.

These retail for just over £60 apiece normally here in the UK; Colin's looking for £40 apiece + postage.

Just to reiterate, Colin's a very nice chap and is open to reasonable offers on any of the items listed in this thread.

Attachments

• CA18RNX.png
    CA18RNX.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 69
  • CA18RNX data.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 30
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.