coaxial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
hi everyone,

I was working with SammiSound coaxials and decided to put them on open baffle with the subwoofer, the way I like speakers these days

attached is picture, most importantly, I spent quite some time on crossover, measuring/listening and I am almost happy with it, speakers measures quite flat, almost no equalization is required
most importantly, they sound sublime (if listening to certain music makes me cry, than I know speakers are doing their job)

crossover consist of 0.8 mH industor to coaxials woofer, 4 uF capacitor for tweeter, after which there is 100 watts pad which needs to trim tweeter 10-12 dB (approximately 1/3 of scale)

thats all! I tried different capacitors, from 10 to 3.5 uF, 4 uF sounds best

I run coaxials in closed boxes before, it sounds fine if you do not insist on lowest frequencies, but with sub its better

they sound best with tube amps, they are 97dB and 8 ohms after all, plus subwoofers with solid state

e

Attachments

• coax1.jpg
    coax1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 380
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
frequency response of above pictured speaker
I am quite happy how it measures, it need only small help from equalizer to be flat
certainly subwoofer helps, you can see sub has slightly lower efficiency, but the measurement was taken with one amp, normaly I biamp it, that way it sounds best, so it can be eliminated by adjusting subs volume control little higher
tweeter must be trimmed quite a lot, otherwise there are no major abnormalities, just small ripples, nothing is perfect
e

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 330
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.