c'mon guys, lets put our heads together to control a STA310 ac3 decoder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey everybody,

I'm not sure that this forum is still available but I'm very interrested in the building of a 5.1 decodeur including the STA310. I began to build schematics but I have some difficulties with the Data input interface. I don't how how it's working! Can somebody send me his schematics, that will help me!!!

Thanks you, Regard

CJ

ps: sorry for my english!!!

Hey guys, I am trying to build my own system with the STA310 and am having problems. I have it set up and programmed like you guys, but I cannot get any sound out of it. It seems to be unable to sync with the spdif stream from a DVD player. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
I also had some spdif syncing problems, but when i connected the spdif in differential mode (provide inverse signal to spdif_n port) it worked just fine. Good luck!

I also had some spdif syncing problems, but when i connected the spdif in differential mode (provide inverse signal to spdif_n port) it worked just fine. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I seem to be getting some results using some aluminum foil shielding. It still cuts out some, but I was hoping that when I moved it from a breadboard to a pcb, it would work better. Can you give me some more details on how to get a differential signal from a single-ended output (i.e. the coax on a DVD player)?

Hello everybody.
I just signed up this forum.
I have a question about sta310.
Can I get output signal with fix sample rate to 48khz, whatever the input sample frequency is? If so how ? Can I do this by giving for example 12.288mhz pcmclk and set it to 256fs (256x48khz=12.288mhz)
Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the info. I seem to be getting some results using some aluminum foil shielding. It still cuts out some, but I was hoping that when I moved it from a breadboard to a pcb, it would work better. Can you give me some more details on how to get a differential signal from a single-ended output (i.e. the coax on a DVD player)?
Sorry for the late reply but somehow the notification doesn't work anymore.

I captured the s/p-dif stream by using a unbuffered inverter (74LVU04) to convert it to a single ended signal and then reused the same chip to create the inverse signal.

This is the schematic i'm using:
http://abdul.student.utwente.nl/deblauwekameel/spdif_select.pdf

Hello everybody.
I just signed up this forum.
I have a question about sta310.
Can I get output signal with fix sample rate to 48khz, whatever the input sample frequency is? If so how ? Can I do this by giving for example 12.288mhz pcmclk and set it to 256fs (256x48khz=12.288mhz)
Thanks a lot.
Yes, you can.
Just configure the audio PLL to generate the required frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.