Closed end TL designs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can make a long taped tl not folded from cheap wood(or rest parts wood) for experiment. A not rolled up closed end tl. You can make it so that you can change the length or volume. That is quick and cheap to try.

I did this once for a back loaded horn.

How the planet 10 layout works I do not understand.:confused:

Your speakers are also very good for closed bandpass enclosures will prevent partial vibrations and so distortion of your membrane.

But you are more interested in the nautilus shape of the loudspeaker I understand.:dodgy:

Doppler effect is increase of frequency when it moves towards you or decrease when it moves away from your position.

When the membrane of the long stroke woofer travels far and at the same time makes high frequencies they will vary due this effect.:eek: :eek:

How does the d10 sound I considering to use it for a closed box. And am interested in your experience with it.

regards Helmuth

Dr.EM said:
Thanks for your replies. I was looking specifically at applications for the M8a driver though you suggest it may not be optimal. I actually have a pair of D10G drivers! I was going to use them in a different 3 way in sealed boxes but am considering changing my design to a hard coned setup with M8a bass/mid (RS52 mid, RT2-EA tweet).

D10 closed bandpas response 30-90Hz 72liter

Attachments

• d10g.jpg
    d10g.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 224
Helmuth said:
How the planet 10 layout works I do not nderstand.:confused:

GM has already explained the B&W layout.

FYI, only straight tapered pipes are TLs and the Nautilus is an exponentially? expanding horn with a very high BW throat, so with the right driver specs in its mouth it will have a highly damped response in its pass band with a ~flat acoustic and electrical phase response as well as a critically damped alignment, i.e. all the 'perks' of a FLH, an excellent reason for using it IMO.

In other words, picture a back-loaded horn, with the driver mounted in the mouth, rather than in the low-pass filter chamber.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.