CLIO Pocket

Thanks for that driver link. Audiomatica actually sent me the same link and I tried using it but it would not work. I'll try again tomorrow . Will tell you what happens. I believe that one can run a WinXP emulator in Win7. Then all software that works in a 32 bit environment including drivers can be loaded. That I guess is a small program. I haven't found it yet though I've come across several references to it. Couldn't find it on Microsoft's web site. It's supposed to work on Win7 Pro and Ultimate which are on my other machines.

Thanks for that driver link. Audiomatica actually sent me the same link and I tried using it but it would not work. I'll try again tomorrow...

Hi Ashok:

You definitely do NOT need an XP emulator. It might make it work, but it'll be for other reasons than the OS. CLIO Pocket works best in 64bit OS's because of the addition memory access. I use CLIO Pocket in two different Win7 64 and one Win10 64 bit installation. And OSX 10.11.6. :)

I would uninstall the USB drivers and start the the process from the beginning.

Try This:

1. Plug in your computer, do not run on batteries. Shut down all software and disconnect everything from your computer except for the power cord, keyboard, mouse and monitor.
2. Make sure you have Administrator rights.
3. In Windows, always use the same USB port.
4. Plug in CLIO Pocket to the USB port you will normally use.
5. Open Device Manager. This is what a working installation of the USB drivers looks like:

1.png

6. If you do NOT see either of the (2) ClioPkt entries, skip to #9.
7. Right click on "ClioPkt Control", select uninstall, click "OK", then click "Delete the driver software for this device".
8. Right click on "ClioPkt Stream" select uninstall, click "OK".
9. Unplug the CLIO Pocket hardware from your computer.
10. Plug the CLIO Pocket hardware back into the port you will normally use.
11. Look in Device Manager, you should see (2) "ClioPkt" devices under "Other Devices" like this:

2.png

12. Right click on the top "ClioPkt" device and choose "Update Driver Software..."
13. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" and select the folder with "CP_Drivers_v2.12.18_Vista-10" you downloaded.
14. When the OS asks "Would you like to install this device software?", select "Always trust software from "Audiomatica Srl".", then select "Install".
15. After a few seconds you should get a reply like this:

3.png

16. Select "Close".
17. Right click on the remaining "ClioPkt" device under "Other Devices" and choose "Update Driver Software..."
18. Repeat the steps you followed for the first device.
19. Open or reinstall the CLIO Pocket v1.5 software and it should work. I just went through these steps and mine is working perfectly again. :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I saw the new version of the pocket software, version 2.00, on the audiomatica website.
what's about it?
I bet that the update from 1.5 to 2.0 is a fee ... as usual to do the dear audiomatica..............................................................

Last edited:
Hi Ashok:

You definitely do NOT need an XP emulator. It might make it work, but it'll be for other reasons than the OS. CLIO Pocket works best in 64bit OS's because of the addition memory access. I use CLIO Pocket in two different Win7 64 and one Win10 64 bit installation. And OSX 10.11.6. :)

I would uninstall the USB drivers and start the the process from the beginning.

Try This:

Good luck!

Hi Langston,
I tried on one PC and I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again and then on the other PC. Let me see if I'm successful this time.
Thanks for the instructions.
Ashok.

As i imagined the upgrade from 1.50 to 2.00 have a cost to pay...
Soon they will make you pay also the air that you breathe during the measurements !!!
Other measurement systems better then audiomatica, give updates for free.
I'm sorry but in future I will buy another measurement system, never will buy an audiomatica product again...I remember the PCI version which gave more problems than measurements...

Last edited:
Clio Pocket V2

Yes the Clio Pocket V2 is the software version. The hardware remains the same.
I'm going to buy the V2 upgrade.
I always liked Clio products. I had also bought other cheaper products , mostly software that worked with sound cards. ARTA is very nice but more fiddly to use than Clio. Besides I think the dedicated hardware software combination is hard to beat. I have the old Clio standard V4.0 which I love. I didn't buy the later versions due to my concerns about the Firewire compatibility. So when they came up with the USB version I picked it up. Very nice I think. The regular Clio12 will be more flexible than the Pocket but its too expensive for me right now.

As i imagined the upgrade from 1.50 to 2.00 have a cost to pay...
Soon they will make you pay also the air that you breathe during the measurements !!!
Other measurement systems better then audiomatica, give updates for free.
I'm sorry but in future I will buy another measurement system, never will buy an audiomatica product again...I remember the PCI version which gave more problems than measurements...

Well, there isn't anything that does all the things that Clio does at close to its price. Of course if they priced it much higher they could give free upgrades ! Try the Clio yourself and you'll understand why it's worth it. It isn't cheap but nothing 'good' in life comes cheap either.:)

don't worry, there are better systems that offer free updates, in fact i will use pocket only for simply tests, but for serious measurements and always updated software i'll use another i will buy the upgrade policy of audiomatica is very strange: for little time upgrade are free when new hardware released,immediately after is released a major software upgrade. about my point of view this is a merely commecial action

don't worry, there are better systems that offer free updates, in fact i will use pocket only for simply tests, but for serious measurements and always updated software i'll use another i will buy the upgrade policy of audiomatica is very strange: for little time upgrade are free when new hardware released,immediately after is released a major software upgrade. about my point of view this is a merely commecial action

Write to Audiomatica to check on pricing with the serial number of your Clio Pocket.
As usual only registered users can get the upgrades , charged or not.
Try info@audiomatica.com

I am very interested to learn - which are those other systems that are better and costs less than CLIO, and give a free updates?
there are many other alterbatives to clio poscket/full QC...google is your friend ;)
cost less ?, about a serious mesurement system you will pay all money (or a lot) when you buy it, then software upgrades are free and hardware upgrade not.
however don't worry, if i'll sell clio pocket i let you know:D

Cost for the CLIO pocket is no debate at all to my view, absolute stellar value for money (if you apply it with the skills required and not as just a nice toy to click the measure button to show a graph to your friends of you recently purchased commercial loudspeakers. When you're in the loop of designing/developing, simulating, building measuring, listening, fine-tuning....CLIO pocket is a bargain)