• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CLEANUP! (54) AR S1 4.5" treated paper cone woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have several boxes of brand new (old stock) Acoustic Research 4.5" mid-bass drivers/woofers that were used on the AR S1 or "Status 1" compact bookshelf speaker. The S1 was a very compact design with a 1" silk dome tweeter. The box was ported. I don't have a crossover schematic handy, but I can probably get one if you wanted to recreate the S1.

I have too many projects and this one's never gonna happen.

$250 for all 54 woofers + shipping.

Line array?
Restaurant?
ipod docks?
Coleman cooler radio?

Tons of potential projects.

OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED!! PLEASE DON'T BE SHY.
NO TRADES PLEASE. CASH/PAYPAL/GIFT CARDS, ETC...

Picture from the web:
22292146891_cc3304708c.jpg

Driver front:
16390733217_a4c377b87d_b.jpg

Driver rear:
16390365959_8ae8eed54e_b.jpg

(Incidentally, I have about 5 of these same tweeters too. )

Thanks, but turns out Madisound is having a sale on Aurasound NS3's, so I'd go with those, if I even pursue the project.

Curious if you have a way of measuring xmax though.

The only thing I can think of is to use a dial indicator to measure displacement vs. input current.

I don't have any thing that can do that. When I get DATS set up (getting a new laptop in a few days with DATS and LEAP5), then I can do more thorough testing.

I should let you know, I am resto-modding a pair of Mirage OM-5 towers that had the midranges blown out. I am using these drivers as replacements for the mids since they OEM mids are unobtanium. They sound fantastic in that application. Literally plug and play.

Also, there are now 48 woofers left.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.