Class D VS. Class T, Help setup with passive speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased SP-BS21-LR (Newegg.com - Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers Pair) and I am new to dealing with passive speaker.
I'm trying to hook these speakers up to my computer.

What's the difference b/w class-D and class-T amplifier?

I was thinking of buying this Class -T amplifier (Amazon.com: LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with Power Supply: Electronics)

Would this be a good match? I see that amplifier Watts and impedance is smaller than the speaker. What's the consequence of using this amplifier instead of receiver that matches Wattage and impedance of speaker?

Also, to set up all these, what kind of cables will I need??

Thanks

Class T is a marketing name for Tripath circuits implementing simple class D circuits in single IC solutions. So all class T are class D but only Tripath amps are class T.

I have the same speakers. The TA2020 is a little weak for these speakers so don't expect a lot of bass. You need a beefier amp for that. But for near field use like on a computer desk (within 3 to 4 feet of the speakers) the loudness and quality of sound is excellent.

Enjoy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.