Class D Amplifier Website with Comparisons??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mac,

Very nice setup. How do you figure out where to put the acoustic dampers? Trial and error? I took my Ucd400 amp to my cousins for a comparison with his gear (forgot the brand/model of amp), we found his amp had alot more bass, not sure if it was artificial or not. I also tried running with and without the P3A dac (without was just the analog output of a DVD player!) and we couldn't tell the difference. I think he has serious acoustic problems. Also, moving his speakers around didn't make much difference!

Is there a simple way to improve/check acoustics?

Chris

I fully agree with Chris, very nice. The graphs are surprising, dipole arrangement seems to be the "softer" solution for small listenig rooms. My sealed box is small and nearly "dead" (no resonances), built with the same material, you used (German: MDF) 19mm, but two plies laminated =38mm. Hopefully the box sound will be absent.
Thank you!
Will drop you a PM concerning the dipoles.
Regards, Timo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.