Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

DC,

In an attempt to cure the overheating of zobel resistor the first time I power ApexD200.2 (original one). I installed a 5k trimmer for the freq oscillator, I had it set step by step (I think I managed to reach 3k). There was no noticeable temp changes on the zobel resistor and to some key components like fets, inductor fet driver etc. I do however found out that I had mistakeny placed a 473 value for the output cap, and when I changed it back to 474 and presto! Problem solved!

With Manoj changes I haven't done that yet, I'm not really so sure if changing the Fsw will make noticeable changes with the heating problem. I have yet to revert back to 474 cap and test the amp again.

Regards!

BTW Had you manage to test Manoj mod? The changes is a more recent approach using IR2110 (15v zener diode as internal clamp for VB & VS pin)
I'm also working on a new lay-out to cancel EMI problem (hopefully) on half filter butterworth (LPF) when using ferrite inductor.

Last edited:
hi sir apex, can i use your dc protect for d200.. thanks

Attachments

• DC PROTECT.JPG
    DC PROTECT.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,528
"Roks" is a local e-parts store. The green toroid is hard to identify since it comes as surplus component.

@remle114,

how did you manage to make the cut? I had the same toroid tried to make a cut also, i used a saw file and a steel saw but It won't get through with the cut the result was a terrible scratch in the surface :yell:

"Roks" is a local e-parts store. The green toroid is hard to identify since it comes as surplus component.

@remle114,

how did you manage to make the cut? I had the same toroid tried to make a cut also, i used a saw file and a steel saw but It won't get through with the cut the result was a terrible scratch in the surface :yell:

Hi Abetir this is the tool i used to cut those toroid
IMG_20150516_205345_zpsvumlmg9d.jpg

I hope is correct now.As i understand T3 and T4 are in thyristor setup, that means protect is latched,which turn on T5 turning off pulldown transistor T6...

* Not drawn power rectifier,aux supply, softstart, etc, do that yourself.

Attachments

• smps 1000.jpg
    smps 1000.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,354