Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

woking in full power ??

Full power with +/-50V but only short time for test, mosfets need heatsink to work long time at full power.

Attachments

• d200x10.JPG
    d200x10.JPG
    779.4 KB · Views: 2,517
yes , i could at that time. but after changing feedback network with single 100k resistor like detex amps. now days i'm working on another design.(DETEX IRS + APEX D200)

i think detex irs series amp have some problems in design which i wasn't found them on your amp. (watch my irs-1500 test video) now i want to mix them to achieve a better design.

also high temp is almost ok. but we need to choose the best value for R gate to reduce switching losses. using IRFB4227 or simillar fets which need high current gate drivers isn't good for IR2110. more IR2110 heating and more switching losses.

Regards

yes , i could at that time. but after changing feedback network with single 100k resistor like detex amps. now days i'm working on another design.(DETEX IRS + APEX D200)

i think detex irs series amp have some problems in design which i wasn't found them on your amp. (watch my irs-1500 test video) now i want to mix them to achieve a better design.

also high temp is almost ok. but we need to choose the best value for R gate to reduce switching losses. using IRFB4227 or simillar fets which need high current gate drivers isn't good for IR2110. more IR2110 heating and more switching losses.

Regards

D200 is basic design and can be upgrade with gate drivers... what do you want use from detex irs?
Regards

Regards

And if you try to put a small piece of aluminum on top of the ci
might have some positive result
but in my opinion it would be better to change the project and try to implement a discrete drive circuit
Any problem with grammar please complain to mr google translator

what do you want use from detex irs?

first time i run the D200 , it have some problems , maybe because of changing PCB or part mistakes. but after some changes , it starts working with no problem. i set that trimpot for having 250KHz before filter.

I test both D200 and IRS-1500D. in my tests , IRS have some problem before starting oscillation. when we apply voltages to the amp , IRS doesn't start oscillation and active LED is off. just like your amp (check on scope) , also your amp doesn't start oscillation before apply input signal.

but the first problem with lowest level input is a little noise can be hear form IRS. i uploaded a video on my channel @ youtube about that.

after applying input to the amp , your amp start oscillation and there is no problem but 4227s get warm maybe due to their high Ciss or low gate charging current. so as i mentioned before , temp rising was my problem.

but in IRS , like the video , when i increase the source volume up to 5% it wasn't oscillate in correct way. i couldn't understand why and no ones tell me about that ! :(
but after 8% volume , active LED bright constantly and amp start to oscillate @ 250KHz and everything will be ok after that. i don't know it's my problem or another people have same problems.

- I think the IRS problem is CD4049(VCC) and IR2110(VDD) supply. in your amp they're connected to a +5v line via 78L05. but in IRS they're connected to +12v bias via 100 Ohm resistor.

what you think mile ?

Regards

first time i run the D200 , it have some problems , maybe because of changing PCB or part mistakes. but after some changes , it starts working with no problem. i set that trimpot for having 250KHz before filter.

I test both D200 and IRS-1500D. in my tests , IRS have some problem before starting oscillation. when we apply voltages to the amp , IRS doesn't start oscillation and active LED is off. just like your amp (check on scope) , also your amp doesn't start oscillation before apply input signal.

but the first problem with lowest level input is a little noise can be hear form IRS. i uploaded a video on my channel @ youtube about that.

after applying input to the amp , your amp start oscillation and there is no problem but 4227s get warm maybe due to their high Ciss or low gate charging current. so as i mentioned before , temp rising was my problem.

but in IRS , like the video , when i increase the source volume up to 5% it wasn't oscillate in correct way. i couldn't understand why and no ones tell me about that ! :(
but after 8% volume , active LED bright constantly and amp start to oscillate @ 250KHz and everything will be ok after that. i don't know it's my problem or another people have same problems.

- I think the IRS problem is CD4049(VCC) and IR2110(VDD) supply. in your amp they're connected to a +5v line via 78L05. but in IRS they're connected to +12v bias via 100 Ohm resistor.

what you think mile ?

Regards

You can use 74HC04 or 74HC14 instead CD4049 and supply with +5 v via 78L05.
Regards

do you have any other recommendation about IRS problem ?

CD4049 datasheet :
Features
• CD4049UB Inverting
• CD4050B Non-Inverting
• High Sink Current for Driving 2 TTL Loads
• High-To-Low Level Logic Conversion
• 100% Tested for Quiescent Current at 20V
• Maximum Input Current of 1μA at 18V Over Full Package
Temperature Range; 100nA at 18V and 25oC
• 5V, 10V and 15V Parametric Ratings

they're CMOS , it works with 5v supply also.

Regards

You can use 74HC04 or 74HC14 instead CD4049 and supply with +5 v via 78L05.

Hi IR,

74HC04 and CD4049 not a pin to pin use cd4069 is pin to pin for 74hc04.

your problem was in level shifter point(5401). adjust the resistor value for the inverter input.

for IRS900 change 4k7 to 1k5 and 6k8 to 10k
change signal input resistor 1k to 2k(pin-2 of TLO71)

regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your guides , you always learn me important things. thanks about that.
so , the problem is level shifter. also the output noise before oscillation ?

I'm working on irs1500 , it have 2K resistor at input of comparator.
look at attached image. i should change those 4K7 and 6K8 ? how do you find those values ?

why detex didn't solve this problem before ?!

Regards,
IRSound

Attachments

• irs-1.png
    irs-1.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 2,148
sorry ,
the problem is still available. that resistor i think make some problem for high side section..high side mosfet gets warm..also bootstrap diode and capacitor. so i remove them..

but with 1.5K and 10K amp not oscillate. it makes some noise before applying more input level to amp. so i just don't know what should i do !! :(

Hi IR,

level shifter changes for CD4049 only not for 74HC series and use more stage inverter buffer to get good square wave shape. use good output filter(T106-2)

or use 74HC14 series

amp will oscillate only your level shifter is good, oscillate only after input signal then your level shifter near to the good point.

Regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
Hi Manoj,

i'm using 4049 , i change 6K8 with 10K and 4K7 with 1K5.
now , when i apply power to amp , a noise appear at the output just like before but with another form. something like amp is near to oscillate. when i apply input with higher input , problem solved.

how about changing that 1K5 resistor with lower values ?

Regards