Amp7_4.jpg
Amp7_5.jpg

Amp7_6.jpg
Amp7_7.jpg

Amp7_8.jpg
Amp7_9.jpg

Amp7_2.jpg

How much was final price for you?

If I were to be completely honest, I don't yet know! As you can appreciate, there are always hidden costs when building an amp, but when finished, I will post pics up, post a mini-review and a complete cost breakdown.

But at the moment it's looking like this:

1. TA3020 AMP (Connexelectronic), plus PSU board with ELNA 18mF caps, including postage $188
2. Softstart Circuit (Connexelectronic), including postage $31.50
3. Case: As here, inc. postage: $77.00
4. Toroid, as here, including postage: $93
5. 2 pairs of speaker binding posts (It's biwired) and 1 pair of RCA input sockets, including postage: $40
6. 1 Knob and 1 illuminated switch, incliding postage: $24
7. Aluminium sheeting, to use as shielding inbetween the Toroid & AMP, rectifier, caps, etc, including postage: $16
8. Misc. Components and tooling, including postage: $15 (I'll have gained a few invaluable tools!)
9. Internal cables, some silver solder and some traditional lead/tin solder, including postage: $25 (But I'll have plenty of cable and solder left!)

TOTAL $509.50 (~£315)

Time spent on project so far: ~60 hours

I've almost wired-up the PSU stage, waiting on a couple of items from Maplin Electronics ($10)

Richard.

not bad, but I wanted to know only for modul, but since you got amp + supply and shipping, I think I can see how much it is

Any problems? like with shipping, paying, anything?

I can honestly say that I haven't had any problems with shipping or payment, apart from the fact that when you have paid at the Connexelectronic site, and return to the Connexelectronic site (from Paypal,) it's almost as if you haven't paid for anything (Cookie problem probably) and you don't get an invoice from his ecommerce shopping system! (osCommerce)

But as a Web Designer, having had the same problem before, myself, I know exactly what's wrong with his site!

Cristi (CNX) is a very genuine chap to deal with, although I think he may have to change his Webhosting provider (sporadic loss of emails) and get someone who knows what they're doing to sort-out his website!

Having said that, I have had a very good shopping experience with Cristi (CNX) and in no way would I dissuade anyone else from doing business with him.

I have yet to assemble my amp fully, and I expect good things from his TA3020 module! As said previously, I will provide a review of his TA3020 amp module (V1.)

I have also had no problems with the case supplier (modu.it) or the toroid supplier. Both were timely delivered; within my expectations.

Richard.

Last edited:
cool, glad to here that, will be waiting for any reports from you about this

I will try and speed-up the process, as I can't wait to hear it myself! These parts have been lying around my workshop for more than 3 months, sadly lack of time (and not so sadly, a perfectionist attitude!) have been the cause of the delay. I may need to get some copper cladding to add to the Aluminium shielding of the toroid! But it'll get finished soon, trust me ;)

TA2020(arjen board)

Here's my new T-amp built few hours ago. The only thing that I chanced on this board are the input caps, I replaced audiophiler with audyncap which are more open and detailed.
Best regards Aleš

Attachments

• dsc04994.jpg
    dsc04994.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 5,435
  • dsc04997.jpg
    dsc04997.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 5,256
  • dsc05005.jpg
    dsc05005.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 5,293