Class D amp? Digital amp? or traditional Class A?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, old fashioned

rockytro said:
What are all the fuzz about Class D amp now day? Can any one enlighten me? what is the advantage of a Class D amp? (apart from the fact they look very simple and very high efficiency) In terms of sound quality. Are they any good?

I maybe old fashion but I still think Class A fully discrete design is as good as it gets¡K. ƒº Am I out of date? And some even god Class T ?
:confused:

Yes, Class 'D', broadly defined, is challenging A, AB, and tubes right now. Look carefully at offerings from ARC, Jeff Roland, Cary, Halcro -- if you want to pay a lot of money. Othewise look at Bel Canto, HCL, NuForce, Channel Island. Read the reviews. Better yet, listen to them.

Hey, you're a DIYer maybe? Build a Hypex UCD amp; look up DIY Cable for the components. Cheaper, easier, and I dare say, better than any AB amp you might build.

By the way, I love my Tripath-based Bel Canto eVo2i.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Yep, better try cheapest class-D amps then talk your impression.

This comparison is not related with sound but the weakness of human make thing beautiful. Don't you realize that a whole show on movie presented by piece by piece of picture that run many picture per second. The old technic still unchanged because there is no hi tech can take over the methode. Why? Because our eyes did not see the the each pieces, hence our mind show the whole story.

Have a nice day.... :angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.